Raimondo Has Strong Connection to Key Judge in Trump-Cohen Case
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
The BBC reports that on Monday, Wood denied Cohen's attorneys' attempts to prevent prosecutors from reviewing the materials seized in the FBI raids.
Trump's attorney says the computers, phones, and documents should be protected under attorney-client privilege.
Wood ruled his application for a preliminary injunction was premature.
“The judge allowed prosecutors to proceed with the cataloging of evidence seized in raids, while a system is set up to ensure that records protected by attorney-client privilege are not disclosed to investigators,” reported the BBC.
Kimba Wood was once President Bill Clinton’s nominee for United States Attorney General, but forced to withdraw for failing to pay taxes on the wages of domestic help.
After graduating from Yale Law School, Raimondo clerked Wood of the Southern District of New York.
Wood is a former Playboy Bunny, once working for one of Hugh Hefner’s clubs.
And, she was also tied to one of the most salacious tabloid-driven affairs/divorces in New York.
Wood was dubbed the “Love Judge” in 1995 when the soon-to-be ex-wife of a multimillionaire Wall Street financier found his diary, which was filled with passionate prose about his trysts with the jurist.
The illicit romance began in the spring of that year with dinners at ritzy restaurants and weekend getaways at Wood’s country home. At the time, Kimba was married to a Time magazine columnist but the two were about to divorce.
Richardson — who was worth an estimated $157 million at the time — wrote in superlatives about the judge, even describing one fireside rendezvous at the country home as “beautiful an eight hours as I have spent in my life.”
- Tuesday on LIVE: AG Candidate Neronha, Paolino on New Lofts, Lawless on Trump’s Budget
- Sasse Says Trump’s proposed $4.4 Trillion Budget is DOA
- Lawless on Trump’s Food Boxes, Kelly’s Porter Problem, Kansas Teens Running for Governor, on LIVE
- Whitcomb on Florida, Mass School Shootings, and Trump’s Ongoing Porter Problem on LIVE
- Weiss: Trump’s Budget Proposal Comes ‘Dead on Arrival’ to Aging Groups
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Trump’s Military Parade, Borges’ Brady Controversy, & Providence Teachers’ Tactic
- CVS PAC Is One of the Largest Donors to Trump’s Campaign
- Horowitz: State of the Union Provides Trump With an Opportunity to Reset
- Don Roach: Donald Trump is Not a Racist. He’s Worse
- LIVE: Trillo on Trump’s State of the Union—& Surrogate Mark Burns in RI on Friday
- Trump Pastor Mark Burns First Visit to Rhode Island - Talks State of GOP on GoLocal
- LIVE: Graham of Indivisible RI Discusses Major Anti-Trump Rally at RI State House on Sat.
- LIVE: Providence Teachers Union Head Blasts Trump’s Guns in Schools Proposal
- Morgan Supports Trump’s Citizenship Question on Census—Fung Refuses Comment
- RI to Sue Trump Administration Over Citizenship Question on 2020 Census
- VIDEO: WJAR Anchors Read Pro-Trump Sinclair Script About “Fake News”
- UPDATED: WJAR-10/Sinclair Controversy Blows Up — Morning Joe Criticizes and Trump Defends Co.
- Horowitz: Comey Goes After Trump Where He is Most Vulnerable
- Bolton is “Not a Good Man,” Says Chafee of Trump’s NSA Pick on LIVE
- Lawless on Trumps’ Daniels, O’Day Problems & Nixon’s Chances Against Cuomo, on LIVE
- Whitcomb on Matt Brown’s Return to RI Politics, Providence Speed Cameras, & Trump Tariffs
- Could Trump’s Erosion Become a Political Avalanche?—Sunday Political Brunch March 11
- 50/50 Shot of Trump, Jong-Un Meeting Happening, Says Naval War College’s Roehrig on LIVE
- Whitcomb: Renaissance of the Lunch Pail Democrats? RI Race; Trump Right to Block Broadcom
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Clifford: Trump Must be Impeached, But Not for What You Think
- Raimondo Refuses to Return Campaign Donations from Gun Lobbyist
- Raimondo Shuffles Press Office in Prep for 2018 Campaign
- EDITORIAL: Raimondo Denial of Ties to NRA Money - “We Call BS”
- 65% of RIers Support Raimondo’s $250M Bond, Says Bryant’s Hassenfeld Institute Poll
- NEW: RI GOP Blasts Ethics Commission for “Making Excuses for Raimondo”
- Raimondo Orders U.S., RI Flags to Fly at Half-Staff to Honor Victims of Parkland School Shooting
- RI Republican Party Files Ethics Complaint Against Raimondo
- Raimondo Raises More Over $570k for Quarter, Account Tops $3.3M
- Raimondo Drops in New Poll — Favorability Now 40%
- Sasse Says Governor Raimondo’s Bond Requests of $368.5 Are Too Rich for RI
- R.W. Alley: “Raimondo -They Love Me”
- VIDEO: Raimondo Doubles-Down on Denying Gun-Lobby Money, Despite Repeated Donations
- Raimondo Invested in Funds That Owned Gun Company Stocks While Treasurer
- Raimondo’s Proposed Medicaid Cuts Would be Devastating, Says Neighborhood Health Plan’s Marino
- Raimondo’s Proposed $18M Developmental Disabilities Cut Draws Rebuke from Trudeau Center’s Sullivan
- Elder Home Care Advocate Blasts Raimondo on Budget Cuts
- Raimondo’s Proposed Level-Funding of DCYF Not Adequate, Says Children’s Friend CEO
- Raimondo Criticizes National Grid Storm Response, Company Responds
- Raimondo Says Armed School Resource Officers Should Be Determined by Communities
- Raimondo Announces 4th Annual Governor for a Day Essay Contest
- RI GOP Files Federal Elections Complaint Over Raimondo-Providence Dems Fundraising Agreement
- RI Loses 200 Jobs in January, Fung Blasts Raimondo’s Performance
- VIDEO: Raimondo on State of RI Roads in Tuesday’s Storm
- POLL: Raimondo is the 7th Least Popular Governor in America — 50% Disapprove