Raimondo Appoints Archibald & Nolan to Parole Board Replacing Reamer & Rickman
Thursday, February 11, 2016
"The Parole Board is a significant part of our criminal justice system. I am confident that Dr. Mary Archibald and Anne Nolan will work hard to promote public safety in their new positions. We must continue to reform the system so that every Rhode Islander has the chance to lead a productive life, while keeping families and communities safe," said Raimondo.
Raimondo added, "I also want to thank Dr. Frederick G. Reamer, Ph.D. and former Rep. Ray Rickman for their dedication to the state while serving on the Parole Board, and I wish them the very best."
The Parole Board is made up of seven members appointed by the Governor. The Board evaluates and considers the conditional early release of incarcerated offenders who have been sentenced to imprisonment of a term of more than six months.
"I look forward to serving on the Parole Board as we continue to improve criminal justice in Rhode Island. I believe that my experience in social work will be a valuable tool in this position," said Dr. Archibald.
Nolan added, "the Parole Board is an important instrument of justice in our state. I am honored to have been nominated by Governor Raimondo."
Dr. Archibald is an adjunct professor in sociology department at Rhode Island College. She has also worked for the Providence School Department as a Truancy Officer since 1998.
Nolan is the former President and CEO of Crossroads Rhode Island, the largest homeless services organization in the state. She previously served on the Parole Board from 2011-2014.
- Correctional Officers’ Union Video Slams Parole Board
- RI State Report: SNAP Fraud, Foreclosures and Tougher Parole Laws
- Correctional Officers Union Blasts ‘Unaccountable’ Parole Board
- RI Hospital: New Treatments for Marijuana Abuse in Parolees
- NEW: Chafee Names Nolan to RI Parole Board
- NEW: RI Senator To Re-Introduce Murder Parole Bill For 2014
- RI Correctional Officer Union Calls For Parole Board Resignations
- Opposition Mounting to Parole Office Moving to Indian Council
- NEW: Chafee Appoints Pisaturo to Chair the Rhode Island Parole Board
- State Report: Parole-Probation Office Near Schools + New Speaker
- RI State Report: Grants, Parole Bill + Lawmaker Upset with Police
- Marijuana Legalization, and a Murder / Parole Bill: This Week at the Statehouse