Prov Preservation Society Delivers 1,800 Signatures in Opposition to Zoning Change for Fane Tower
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Providence Preservation Society delivered nearly 1,800 signatures in opposition to the zoning change for Fane Tower.
The petition calls on Mayor Jorge Elorza and the Providence City Council to deny the change.
Latest on Fane Tower
As GoLocalProv reported, last week the Providence City Council’s Ordinance Committee reversed course and voted 3-1 with one abstention to approve the height variance on the 46-story Fane Tower.
About the vote, GoLocal wrote, “One of the keys was the reversal of Chairman and lame duck Councilman Terry Hassett who had previously voted against the project. Also voting in favor of the project on Thursday night were Councilwomen Jo-Ann Ryan and Carmen Castillo. Councilman Bryan Principe voted against and Councilwoman Mary Kay Harris refused to cast a vote, but did not recuse herself.”
The project now goes before the full Providence City Council. The Building Trade Unions are putting a full court press of council members to approve the project.
Related Slideshow: Fane Unveils New Design for Tower
- 195 Commission Land Change for Fane Tower Gets Approved by General Assembly
- Prov City Council to Hold Public Hearing on Zoning Map Change for Fane Tower
- Fane Tower Would Have Positive Impact on City, Taxpayers, and Economy, Says Sabitoni on LIVE
- Fane Tower Debate: After 2 Years Council Pres. Salvatore Continues to Duck Taking a Stand
- GoLocal Statewide Poll: Rhode Islanders Split on Proposed Fane Tower
- Fane Tower Proposal Moves Forward on 195 Parcel, Despite Opposition
- Opponents to 46-Story Fane Tower Turn Out Monday to Raise Awareness
- Leading Architectural Writer Calls Fane Tower an Insult and “The Wrong Building”
- Sasse Says Fane Tower Is Not What 195 Land Was Intended for - It Was Innovation
- Realtor’s Lobbyist & Council Pres. Salvatore Opposes Fane Tower, Draws Criticism From Unions
- Fane Tower Gets Big Approval As Ordinance Committee Reverses Vote
- Fane Tower May Be Approved Before Thanksgiving, Now On Fast Track
- Rickman’s Big View - Fane Tower
- Whitcomb: Down Into the Dark; Fane Tower ‘Residents’; Banana Republics; Mosaics of Protected Land
- VIDEO: $300M Fane Tower Plan Sparks More Debate in Providence Showdown