PODCAST: Which RI Zip Code Has the Highest Auto Insurance Rates and Why?
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
If you're in zip code 02909 you're paying the highest car insurance rates in Rhode Island. Experts say the high rates aren't the result of car theft or vandalism, but rather the number of uninsured motorists on the road.
Related Slideshow: Most Dangerous Intersections in Rhode Island
Using the most recent available data, GoLocalProv has compiled a list of the Most Dangerous Intersections in New England.
See the methodology here
Since different states chose different time spans in which to accumulate their data (3-10 years), GoLocal standardized the tallies to a 3-year sum.
- LEGAL MATTERS: How To Lower Your Teen’s Car Insurance Bill
- NEW: Health Insurance Director Koller Leaving Rhode Island
- Smart Benefits: Expect Double-Digit Health Insurance Hikes in 2014
- LEGAL MATTERS: Post-Hurricane Sandy Insurance + Repairs
- NEW: Reed, Whitehouse Seek to Preserve Unemployment Insurance
- Smart Benefits: Health Insurance Stores? Yes.
- LISTEN: Insurance Covers 38 Studios Bonds + Who’s Hot & Who’s Not
- NEW: Woman Pleads Guilty to Burning Down Home in Insurance Scheme
- State House Report: Abortion, Term Limits & Health Insurance
- LISTEN: Will Rhode Islanders Purchase Insurance Under Obamacare?
- Over 1 in 10 Rhode Islanders under 65 Lacked Health Insurance in 2011
- State House Report: Casinos, Legislative Health Insurance & Gubernatorial Appointments
- Lawmaker Calls on Colleagues to Pay for Health Insurance
- RI’s Health Insurance Exchange: A Tough Choice for Employers
- State Spends $64M on Health Insurance Web Site
- NEW: Chafee Names Kathleen Hittner Health Insurance Commissioner
- RISD Students Design “Snapshot” Device for Progressive Insurance
- Which RI Zip Code Has the Highest Auto Insurance Rates and Why?
- Insurance Policy Would Pay Back 38 Studios Bonds
- NEW: Coalition Calls for an End to Gender Discrimination in Health Insurance
- Rhode Island’s Car Insurance Rates Highest In New England
- LEGAL MATTERS: Does Your Car Insurance Really Cover You?
- NEW: Health Insurance Consumer Protection Bills Becomes Law
- Smart Benefits: 2013 Health Insurance Rate Increases Expected Soon