PODCAST: Two Thirds of State Legal Work Goes to Two Firms
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Related Slideshow: 2013 RI State Legal Vendor Payments
The below slides list the top 20 law firms that received the most work from the state government in fiscal year 2013, based on state data obtained from the Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity. For each firm, the departments that hired it and the type of work it did are also listed.
2. Orson & Brusini, Ltd.
Amount Paid in 2013: $426,707
Departments: Administration, Labor & Training, General Treasurer's Office, Environmental Management, Education
Type of Work: Workers' Compensation Fund, Unemployment Insurance, No Sub Program, Operations, Occupational Safety, Professional Regulations, Air Resources
1. Adler, Pollock & Sheehan
Amount Paid in 2013: $440,332
Departments: Administration, Revenue, Health & Human Services, General Treasurer's Office, Transportation, Board of Governors for Higher Education, Labor & Training
Type of Work: Municipal Affairs, Operations, Defined Benefit, Legal Services, Agency Bonds, Commissioner’s Office, No Sub Program, Associate Director
- PODCAST: $2 Billion at Stake in Binding Arbitration Battle
- PODCAST: 33% of DUI Offenders Get Off
- PODCAST: Chafee Pension Proposal More Severe than Caprio’s
- PODCAST: Danger Next Door: The Communities with the Most Sex Offenders
- PODCAST: EXCLUSIVE: Tremmel to File Grievance Against WJAR in Culture Clash
- PODCAST: Free Pensions Cost RI $18 Million
- PODCAST: Guns on RI Campuses. Who is Armed?
- PODCAST: Illegal Benefits Cost RI $53 Million Over Three Years
- PODCAST: Kids At Risk: Which Communities Have the Shortest School Days?
- PODCAST: Mayoral Candidates Speak On Prov Firefighter’s $200K+ Pay
- PODCAST: Pell Failed to Vote More than Half the Time
- PODCAST: Providence Pothole Claims: $150k Over 3 Years
- PODCAST: RI Biz Winners and Flops
- PODCAST: RI House Power Structure: Who’s In and Who’s Out?
- PODCAST: Receivers Cost Central Falls $700K
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Most Disaster-Prone Communities
- PODCAST: State Budget: ‘Double Killer’ for Schools
- PODCAST: Ten Biggest Issues Facing the RI General Assembly in 2014
- PODCAST: The RI Communities with the Biggest Tax Increases
- PODCAST: Voter ID Law Debate
- PODCAST: Zipcar Asking Providence for Free Parking, Subsidies
- PODCAST: $22M in Public Safety OT since 2010
- PODCAST: 38 Insider Gets $625k Tax Credits
- PODCAST: Battle Heats up over Minimum Wage in RI Governor’s Race
- PODCAST: Chafee’s Budget Calls for Big Borrowing + Sparks Reaction
- PODCAST: Danger on Dexter Street: Prov Business on EPA Watch List
- PODCAST: Education Experts Raise Questions About CCRI Spending
- PODCAST: GOP Chair Reince Priebus
- PODCAST: Hidden $70 million Tax Cut In State Budget
- PODCAST: Investigation: City Shells Out Millions in Unused Sick Time
- PODCAST: Kids Count Factbook: 20% of RI Youth Living in Poverty
- PODCAST: Most Dangerous Intersections in New England
- PODCAST: Perks for Council Members
- PODCAST: Providence Students Shouldn’t Graduate
- PODCAST: RI Biz Winners and Flops
- PODCAST: RI’s Best Communities 2011
- PODCAST: Redistricting Ruined by Rhode Island Politics
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Most Unemployed Cities and Towns
- PODCAST: State Pols Left in the Dark on Pension Reform Bill
- PODCAST: The Deadliest Jobs in New England
- PODCAST: The State of Talk Radio in New England
- PODCAST: What Does Providence Need in Its Next Mayor?
- PODCAST:Hundreds in RI Expected to Die from Overdose in 2014
- PODCAST: 10 Historically Bold Moves Made By Big Companies
- PODCAST: 38 Saga: Secret Documents Revealed
- PODCAST: Battle over Urban League of RI’s Future Heats Up
- PODCAST: Cianci Weighs In on the Providence Mayor’s Race
- PODCAST: Democrats Support Republican Candidate
- PODCAST: GOP in Turmoil: Gio and Gov. Carcieri Killed the Party
- PODCAST: Hospitals Account for 440K Preventable Deaths Annually
- PODCAST: Investigation: State Has Tax Audit Fever
- PODCAST: Kitchen Nightmares: Rampant Health Violations on Federal Hill
- PODCAST: New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- PODCAST: Pharmaceutical Companies Pay RI Doctors Big Money
- PODCAST: Providence Superman Building
- PODCAST: RI Cities+ Towns with the Most Registered Sex Offenders
- PODCAST: RI’s Best Communities 2012
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Most and Least Popular Politicians
- PODCAST: State Senator Chris Ottiano
- PODCAST: The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- PODCAST: Thousands Of RI Students Default On Loans
- PODCAST: Which RI Zip Code Has the Highest Auto Insurance Rates and Why?
- PodCast: Costantino Sues City, Councilman
- PODCAST: Alex + Ani CEO Buys Newport Mansion for $6.8M Cash
- PODCAST: CCRI Pres. Spends Tens of Thousands on Private Club, Pool
- PODCAST: City Doles Out Pay Raises to Select Employees
- PODCAST: Do the RI Gubernatorial Candidates Support Education Reform?
- PODCAST: Exclusive: Infrared Cameras Show Occupy is Vacant
- PODCAST: Game On: RI Presidential Contributions Surge
- PODCAST: Hot or Not
- PODCAST: Is Chafee Avoiding State Lawmakers?
- PODCAST: Legalized, Taxed Marijuana Would Generate .1% of RI Budget
- PODCAST: NewsRadio 920 + GoLocalProv - Year in Review 2013
- PODCAST: Point Judith Made More than Providence on Pension Fund
- PODCAST: Providence Tax Increase a Crushing Blow to City Homeowners
- PODCAST: RI Could Lose Billions in New Federal Cuts
- PODCAST: RI’s Top Judges: How Much Do They Make?
- PODCAST: Rhode Island Districts w/ the Most Home Schooled Students
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Woman of the Year
- PODCAST: Station Fire Victim’s Dad Speaks Out on Fire Safety Regs
- PODCAST: The Highest Paid City Employees in Providence
- PODCAST: Top Harrah’s Official: RI Blew its Chance on Casino
- PODCAST: Who Are the Next Leaders in Providence?
- Podcast: Corrente on Corruption in PVD Play Download
- PODCAST: 13 Biggest Blunders in Rhode Island of 2013
- PODCAST: Alleged Scam Artist Gave over $250k to Top Pols
- PODCAST: Campaign Bosses with Best Track Records in RI Gov Race
- PODCAST: City Withheld Key Information on T.F. Green Expansion
- PODCAST: Does Declining Projo Need Ownership Like Globe’s John Henry
- PODCAST: Female CEOs - on the Rise or Decline in Rhode Island?
- PODCAST: Housing Groups: Tax Changes Could Hurt Prov. Development
- PODCAST: Is Clay Pell the Next Lincoln Chafee?
- PODCAST: Legislature, EDC at War Over Reorganization
- PODCAST: No Help for Failing Providence Schools
- PODCAST: Post-Fox Shakeup: Where Does RI’s FY15 Budget Stand?
- PODCAST: Providence’s Missing Black Mayor
- PODCAST: RI Employment Situation is Worse than Reported
- PODCAST: RI’s Out-of-State Pension Tab: $142 Million
- PODCAST: Rhode Island Has 5th Highest Student Loan Debt in Country
- PODCAST: Rhode to Bankruptcy