PODCAST: Two Thirds of State Legal Work Goes to Two Firms
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Related Slideshow: 2013 RI State Legal Vendor Payments
The below slides list the top 20 law firms that received the most work from the state government in fiscal year 2013, based on state data obtained from the Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity. For each firm, the departments that hired it and the type of work it did are also listed.
2. Orson & Brusini, Ltd.
Amount Paid in 2013: $426,707
Departments: Administration, Labor & Training, General Treasurer's Office, Environmental Management, Education
Type of Work: Workers' Compensation Fund, Unemployment Insurance, No Sub Program, Operations, Occupational Safety, Professional Regulations, Air Resources
1. Adler, Pollock & Sheehan
Amount Paid in 2013: $440,332
Departments: Administration, Revenue, Health & Human Services, General Treasurer's Office, Transportation, Board of Governors for Higher Education, Labor & Training
Type of Work: Municipal Affairs, Operations, Defined Benefit, Legal Services, Agency Bonds, Commissioner’s Office, No Sub Program, Associate Director
- PODCAST: $1.1 Billion Recovery Price Tag: What RI Has To Show for It
- PODCAST: 20 Politicians Owe $800,000 in Election Fines
- PODCAST: Are Medical Marijuana Users in RI Risking Their Jobs?
- PODCAST: Cranston Police Source of Intimidation, Say Critics
- PODCAST: EXCLUSIVE: Providence Budget Still Faces Crushing Deficit
- PODCAST: Fox Scandal - Winners and Losers
- PODCAST: Greater Providence Region GDP 4th Highest in New England
- PODCAST: Igliozzi Targets Mercer
- PODCAST: Is Rhode Island Failing its Children?
- PODCAST: March of the Undead Newspapers
- PODCAST: Over Half of City’s 2010 Shooting Deaths Remain Unsolved
- PODCAST: Providence City Council Chaos
- PODCAST: RI Groups Spend Millions Lobbying Washington
- PODCAST: Ranking the Highest Student Loan Default Rates in RI
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Man of the Year
- PODCAST: State Budget Cuts May Force Homeless Numbers To Skyrocket
- PODCAST: Taxes On the Rise
- PODCAST: The Most Dangerous Workplaces in RI
- PODCAST: Unions May Go To War Over Municipal Pensions
- PODCAST: Will RI Be The Next State To Legalize Marijuana?
- UPDATE: Listen to Podcast of Tracey Minkin on Top High Schools with WHJJ’s Helen Glover
- PODCAST: $2 Billion at Stake in Binding Arbitration Battle
- PODCAST: 33% of DUI Offenders Get Off
- PODCAST: Banks Cash in on Foreclosures in Providence
- PODCAST: Chafee Pension Proposal More Severe than Caprio’s
- PODCAST: Danger Next Door: The Communities with the Most Sex Offenders
- PODCAST: EXCLUSIVE: Tremmel to File Grievance Against WJAR in Culture Clash
- PODCAST: Free Pensions Cost RI $18 Million
- PODCAST: Guns on RI Campuses. Who is Armed?
- PODCAST: Illegal Benefits Cost RI $53 Million Over Three Years
- PODCAST: Kids At Risk: Which Communities Have the Shortest School Days?
- PODCAST: Mayoral Candidates Speak On Prov Firefighter’s $200K+ Pay
- PODCAST: Pell Failed to Vote More than Half the Time
- PODCAST: Providence Pothole Claims: $150k Over 3 Years
- PODCAST: RI Biz Winners and Flops
- PODCAST: RI House Power Structure: Who’s In and Who’s Out?
- PODCAST: Receivers Cost Central Falls $700K
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Most Disaster-Prone Communities
- PODCAST: State Budget: ‘Double Killer’ for Schools
- PODCAST: Ten Biggest Issues Facing the RI General Assembly in 2014
- PODCAST: The RI Communities with the Biggest Tax Increases
- PODCAST: Voter Fraud in RI
- PODCAST: Will Superman Building Proposal Stand Chance for Success?
- PODCAST: $22M in Public Safety OT since 2010
- PODCAST: 38 Insider Gets $625k Tax Credits
- PODCAST: Battle Heats up over Minimum Wage in RI Governor’s Race
- PODCAST: Chafee’s Budget Calls for Big Borrowing + Sparks Reaction
- PODCAST: Danger on Dexter Street: Prov Business on EPA Watch List
- PODCAST: Education Experts Raise Questions About CCRI Spending
- PODCAST: GOP Chair Reince Priebus
- PODCAST: Hidden $70 million Tax Cut In State Budget
- PODCAST: Investigation: City Shells Out Millions in Unused Sick Time
- PODCAST: Kids Count Factbook: 20% of RI Youth Living in Poverty
- PODCAST: Most Dangerous Intersections in New England
- PODCAST: Perks for Council Members
- PODCAST: Providence Students Shouldn’t Graduate
- PODCAST: RI Biz Winners and Flops
- PODCAST: RI’s Best Communities 2011
- PODCAST: Redistricting Ruined by Rhode Island Politics
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Most Unemployed Cities and Towns
- PODCAST: State Pols Left in the Dark on Pension Reform Bill
- PODCAST: The Deadliest Jobs in New England
- PODCAST: The State of Talk Radio in New England
- PODCAST: Voter ID Law Debate
- PODCAST: Zipcar Asking Providence for Free Parking, Subsidies
- PODCAST: 10 Historically Bold Moves Made By Big Companies
- PODCAST: 38 Saga: Secret Documents Revealed
- PODCAST: Battle over Urban League of RI’s Future Heats Up
- PODCAST: Cianci Weighs In on the Providence Mayor’s Race
- PODCAST: Democrats Support Republican Candidate
- PODCAST: GOP in Turmoil: Gio and Gov. Carcieri Killed the Party
- PODCAST: Hospitals Account for 440K Preventable Deaths Annually
- PODCAST: Investigation: State Has Tax Audit Fever
- PODCAST: Kitchen Nightmares: Rampant Health Violations on Federal Hill
- PODCAST: New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- PODCAST: Pharmaceutical Companies Pay RI Doctors Big Money
- PODCAST: Providence Superman Building
- PODCAST: RI Cities+ Towns with the Most Registered Sex Offenders
- PODCAST: RI’s Best Communities 2012
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Most and Least Popular Politicians
- PODCAST: State Senator Chris Ottiano
- PODCAST: The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- PODCAST: Thousands Of RI Students Default On Loans
- PODCAST: What Does Providence Need in Its Next Mayor?
- PODCAST:Hundreds in RI Expected to Die from Overdose in 2014
- PODCAST: 10 Last Minute GA Deals
- PODCAST: Alex + Ani CEO Buys Newport Mansion for $6.8M Cash
- PODCAST: CCRI Pres. Spends Tens of Thousands on Private Club, Pool
- PODCAST: City Doles Out Pay Raises to Select Employees
- PODCAST: Do the RI Gubernatorial Candidates Support Education Reform?
- PODCAST: Exclusive: Infrared Cameras Show Occupy is Vacant
- PODCAST: Game On: RI Presidential Contributions Surge
- PODCAST: Hot or Not
- PODCAST: Is Chafee Avoiding State Lawmakers?
- PODCAST: Legalized, Taxed Marijuana Would Generate .1% of RI Budget
- PODCAST: NewsRadio 920 + GoLocalProv - Year in Review 2013
- PODCAST: Point Judith Made More than Providence on Pension Fund
- PODCAST: Providence Tax Increase a Crushing Blow to City Homeowners
- PODCAST: RI Could Lose Billions in New Federal Cuts
- PODCAST: RI’s Top Judges: How Much Do They Make?
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.