PM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard’s Most Intense Part Hitting RI Soon
Friday, February 08, 2013
The only potential glitch I can see right now is the potential for rain and sleet to mix in near and along the coast later tonight, however it had been raining on Long Island much of the day but switched over to snow as the precipitation became heavier. That snow/rain line still bears watching through the night.
Needless to say, everyone should be hunkered down at this point. This looks like it will be an historic storm and it still has several hours to go before it winds down slowly tomorrow.
- NEW: Storm Shuts Down Twin River
- Rhode Island’s Biggest Storms: 75th Anniversary of Hurricane of ‘38
- GoLocal Sports Gets Snowed In
- NEW: T.F. Greene, RIPTA Cancelling Service in Anticipation of Storm
- LIVE MAP: Power Outages Across RI
- NEW: Winter Storm Forcing School Closures, Postponements in RI
- NEW: Brown University to Cancel Classes Friday Due to Blizzard
- New England Meteorologists’ Blizzard Forecasts—Who Will Be Right?
- PM WEATHER UPDATE: RI’s Blizzard Watch Upgraded to Warning
- NEW: Chafee issues state of emergency: “Now is the time to hunker down”
- The Ultimate Rhode Island Blizzard Survival Kit
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard May Bring Up to 3 Feet of Snow
- NEW: Providence Parking Ban Begins at Noon, Mall Closing
- UPDATE: The Latest Storm Closings/Postponements in RI
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard Watch Expands—Hitting RI Friday AM
- NEW: Providence Restaurants That Are OPEN During the Blizzard
- URI Moves Start Time Back. Brown, Bryant, PC Alter Schedules