Pichardo Blasts Elorza for “Bending to the Pressure of Self-Serving Interest”
Friday, November 03, 2017
The Board of Licenses has been under extensive and ongoing criticism for the decisions and lack of enforcement.
For the past 4 1/2 years, it has been the honor to serve the residents of the city of Providence on the Board of Licenses as a member, vice chair, and chair. Together over the years, we have accomplished good work and improved the process.
On Monday, in a highly politicized move, Mayor Elorza engineered my removal from the position of Chair while taking credit for the very accomplishments that I, our Board and Staff had put in place during my leadership. I regret the uncomfortable position the mayor placed my colleagues in pushing for a vote to remove me as Chair.
My colleagues and I have worked well together and I am proud of the work that my colleagues on the board and I, along with our staff have accomplished and the positive measures we have implemented to bring a fairer, more deliberative and open process.
The Mayor’s Choice to care more about politics then due process is unfortunate and his decision to bend to the pressure of self-serving interest is not representative of the leadership the community deserves from the leader of their city.
During today's’ Board meeting, I have resigned my position as commissioner on the board of licenses.
Related Slideshow: Pine Report - Board of Licenses, Sept 2016
- Shooting at East Side Penthouse Club
- VIDEO: New Club Penthouse, Complete with Stripper Poles, Opens on Historic East Side
- Adult Entertainment Focus of Penthouse Hearing - Pichardo Loses Chair
- Penthouse Licenses Revoked by City of Providence, Club to Appeal
- Former Board of Licenses Chair Harris Takes Aim at Current Chair Pichardo in Blog
- NEW: $3 Bar Lawyer’s Complaint Ruled in Board of Licenses Harris’ Favor
- $3 Bar Lawyer Files Ethics Complaint Against Board of Licenses’ Harris
- Scathing Report on Providence Board of Licenses Issued by Former AG Pine
- Councilman Jennings Calls for Resignation of Board of Licenses Chair Pichardo
- Providence Board of Licenses Shake-Up - Serena Conley Out
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Providence Activists Say Board of Licenses is Corrupt Under Elorza
- Providence Board of Licenses Under Fire Again, Months After Pine Report