Pawtucket Schools, Hasbro, Inc Announce Partnership With No Bully
Tuesday, September 01, 2015
Hasbro, Inc., the Pawtucket School Department, and the City of Pawtucket announced a partnership with No Bully on Monday. No Bully is an organization that trains schools how to use student empathy to stop bullying. Pawtucket is the first district in New England to adopt the No Bully program department wide and declare itself a 'Bully Free' City.
“We are excited to take a proactive step in the national fight against bullying to help create positive environments for the children that live in our hometown of Pawtucket. Our purpose it to make the world a better place for children and their families, so we look forward to introducing the right tools and resources to teachers and students so they can become part of the solution in preventing bullying in our community," said Karen Davis, Senior Vice President of Global Philanthropy and Social Impact at Hasbro, Inc.
No Bully will train all teachers across the Pawtucket School department on how to recognize and interrupt student bullying through a series of interventions for responding to bullying. A team of teachers at each school site will learn to become solution coaches and put together solution teams of students to become proficient in resolving incidents of bullying and harassment.
“Hasbro has been a valued partner in the Pawtucket community for many years and has always been committed to making a difference in our city,” said Don Grebien, Mayor of Pawtucket, Rhode Island. “The No Bully program teaches valuable life lessons and will help us to develop the future leaders of our community. We are grateful for that partnership and support which has enabled us to implement this impactful program into our schools," said Pawtucket Mayor Don Grebien.
The No Bully system will be implemented throughout the 2015-16 school year in all 17 schools across the Pawtucket School Department.
Click here for more information on the No Bully program.
Hasbro, Inc is a global company committed to creating the world's best play experience by using its own brands like Monopoly, Nerf and Play-Doh as well as partner brands.
- NEW: Hasbro will cut its workforce by 10 percent
- NEW: Hasbro Will Produce Gender-Neutral Easy-Bake Oven
- Hasbro Continues To Lay Off Workers Despite Expansion Plans
- NEW: Hasbro Named Most Famous Brand in Rhode Island
- Flora’s Heart Brings Superhero Fun to Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Hasbro Donates 25,000 Toys To RI Families In Need
- NEW: Bradley + Hasbro Hospitals Announce New Med/Psych Facility
- NEW: Hasbro’s Stretch Armstrong Is Next Film Project
- Hasbro Hospital Helps Families Keep Space Heaters Safe
- NEW: Hasbro’s Mr. Potato Head Turns 60
- NEW: Hasbro’s “Battleship Ball” Nets Record $1 Million
- Hasbro to Hold “Global Day of Joy” For Children in Need on Friday
- NEW: RE/MAX Donates $5,000 to Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Patriots Gostkowski Visits Children at Hasbro
- Hasbro Will Open Exhibit on the Creation of “Transformers”