New York Man Arrested With Nearly 50 Pounds of Marijuana on Rt 95 in Hopkinton
Wednesday, May 03, 2017
Huilin Wu, 37, of Brooklyn, NY, was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver; and possession with intent to deliver more than five kilograms of marijuana.
Corporal Lawens Fevrier said troopers stopped Wu for a traffic violation on Interstate 95 North, between Exits 1 and 2, about 12:30 p.m. yesterday. During a search of the minivan he was driving, troopers found 48 pounds of marijuana sealed in 43 separate vacuum-sealed bags stored inside laundry bags. Each bag of marijuana contained between 545 and 570 grams. Troopers also seized $498 cash.
Fevrier said Wu was heading from New York to Quincy, MA, at the time of his arrest, Corporal Fevrier said. Wu was held overnight at the Adult Correctional Institutions. He was arraigned on Wednesday in Fourth District Court and ordered held without bail, pending further court action.
- RI State Police - Trooper Amy Jackman and the 2000lb Weapon
- Minority Leader Morgan Gets a $50K Office Upgrade at RI State House
- More than 1,000 Protest Trump’s Election at RI State House
- Anti-Trump Rally at RI State House Calls on Elected Officials for Protection
- RI State Trooper Navarro Explains the Impact of What Happens #BeyondtheCrash
- Riverzedge Arts Receives $249K Grant from RI State Council on Arts
- Torgan Named RI State Director for The Nature Conservancy
- RI Statewide Preservation Conference to be Held in Watch Hill
- NEW: Raimondo’s Ties to No-Bid RI State Police Contract
- RI State Trooper Accused of Assault Now Suing O’Donnell, Kilmartin for Punitive Damages
- RI State House Power Shift - 10 Most Powerful
- The Battle Over Marijuana Heats Up at RI State House
- Siedle: RI State Pension Fiduciaries’ History Of Not Cooperating With SEC
- RI State Police’s Assumpico Criticizes 38 Studios Investigation
- READ Curt Schilling’s RI State Police Interview
- Rep. Walsh Says Drinking is Rampant at RI State House
- Opponents of RIPTA Fare Hikes to Rally at RI State House Wednesday Afternoon