NEW: Taco/White Family Funds New Scholarship at New England Tech
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Investing in the Future
"The heating-plumbing-air conditioning industry is in great need of bright, energetic newcomers to join us in delivering the best indoor air comfort technologies possible," said John Hazen White, Jr. President and CEO of Taco, Inc. "Schools like New England Institute of Technology are investing in these technologies and Taco is proud to be associated with them in helping to prepare the next generation of professionals to enter the industry. This scholarship, provided by the Taco/White Family Foundation, will help one such individual to pursue course studies in electrical engineering, a career focus in high demand."
Theroux stated, “We are very grateful to the Taco/White Family Foundation for its generous donation. This scholarship will support the college’s mission of providing our Electrical Engineering students with the technical skills and knowledge needed in today’s competitive workplace.”
A History of Giving
The generosity of the White family began in the 1990’s by John Hazen White and his wife, Happy, as they supported numerous leading educational and arts organizations. After Mr. White’s death in 2000, Happy and their son, John Hazen White, Jr., established the John & Happy White Foundation and formalized its mission to assist community-based, non-profit organizations in RI. As the Foundation evolved, making grants to over 200 organizations, the name was changed in 2010 to the Taco/White Family Foundation.
The foundation's last major donation occured earlier this summer when it gave $25,000 to Butler Hospital in Providence in support of Butler’s latest capital expansion project on its campus off Blackstone Boulevard, which is scheduled to open this fall.
- 3 Must-Knows for College Athletic Scholarships
- NEW: Brown Scores Four Students for Rhodes Scholarships
- College Admissions: 10 Scholarships Anyone Can Apply For
- Local Student Wins Four-Year Scholarship at GRRL Tech Expo
- College Admissions: 3 Must-Knows for Athletic Scholarships
- NEW: The Limited to Award $5K Scholarship in Rhode Island
- NEW: New England Tech Prepares to Launch Shipbuilding Program
- PPAC Announces Scholarships for Young Artists
- NEW: John Hazen White, Jr. Forum Established at Brookings Institution
- NEW: College Crusade of Rhode Island Awards over $1.3 Million in Scholarships
- $5,000 Scholarship for Best Label
- UPDATE: RI HS Students: More than 150 Scholarships Available, Deadline Soon
- 150 Scholarships for RI Students Still Available—RI Foundation
- Scholarships Awarded in IT and STEM by Tech Collective and Partners