NEW: RIPTA Fall Service Changes Will Impact Two-Dozen Routes
Monday, August 26, 2013
What routes are affected
The annual adjustment affects two-dozen routes—including the elimination of the 26 (Atwells Avenue/RI College) and 53 (Smithfield Avenue). Route 26 passengers may use the newly extended service on Route 92 (RI College / Federal Hill / East Side) while Route 53 passengers are encouraged to use Route 72 (Weeden/Central Falls).
Other service changes include direct service from Coventry/West Warwick to Warwick Mall on Route 13 (Arctic/Washington); new improved frequency key corridor service on Routes 21 (Reservoir) and Route 31 (Cranston St.); and the realignment of Routes 3 (Warwick Avenue), 30 (Arlington/Oaklawn), 32 (West Barrington), 34 (East Providence), 40 (Butler/Elmgrove), and 55 (Admiral/Providence College). Lastly, Route 56 (Chalkstone Ave.) will now serve the V. A. Hospital on all trips.
Part of statewide plan
These fall service changes are part of the first phase of RIPTA’s implementation of its Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA), which assessed the demand for transit service throughout the state. The modifications are designed to work within RIPTA’s existing budget and to direct transit resources where they would be most effective.
RIPTA makes regular service adjustments three times a year in response to seasonal changes and/or passenger use.
For schedules and more information, passengers may call 401-781-9400, or visit www.ripta.com. Passengers may also pickup the Fall Service Changes Effective August 24, 2013 leaflet that is available at Kennedy Plaza.
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT Proposed RIPTA Cuts
- NEW: 3 Fired at RIPTA After Security Breach
- NEW: Chafee Issues Statement Following RIPTA Stabbing
- NEW: Kilmartin Announces $240,000 For RIPTA Renewable Solar Energy Project
- NEW: Overseer Identifies Problems with RIPTA’s Financial Controls
- NEW: RIPTA Awarded $1.22 Million Transit Improvement Grant
- NEW: RIPTA Beginning Gradual Reopening Following Storm
- NEW: RIPTA Service Suspended at Noon
- NEW: Senator Tassoni Calls for RIPTA CEO to be Fired
- NEW: State Rep. Pushes for RIPTA to Hire Vets
- NEW: State Sen. Stands By RIPTA’s Hiring of Ex-Cons
- NEW: T.F. Greene, RIPTA Cancelling Service in Anticipation of Storm
- NEW: Worries over RIPTA Route Cutback in Northern RI
- RIPTA Battle Continues: Will Services Be Cut?
- RIPTA Offers Free Trolley Rides to the Zoo
- RIPTA Riders Protest Cuts
- Rhode Island Film Collaborative & RIPTA Work Together on Community Film
- Security Breach Scandal: What Next at RIPTA?
- State Report: The Whitehouse DUI, Childhood Well-Being & RIPTA’s Big Investment