NEW: RI to Introduce Marijuana Regulation + Taxation Bill
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Representative Ajello, chairwoman of the House Judiciary Committee, and Senator Miller, chairman of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee, will be joined by advocates from Regulate Rhode Island and the Marijuana Policy Project at a news conference Wednesday afternoon on the first floor of the State House.
Joining them will be Dr. David Lewis, founder of the Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies at Brown University; former Providence police officer Beth Comery; and former Warren High School teacher Pat Smith.
Michelle McKenzie, Senior Policy Director at Miriam Hospital, will also be available for questions following the announcement.
Related Slideshow: New England States with Highest Marijuana Arrest Rates
- New Gallup Poll Shows 38% of Americans Have Tried Marijuana
- Are Medical Marijuana Users in Rhode Island Risking Their Jobs?
- NEW: Patrick Kennedy in the Middle of Super Bowl Marijuana Fight
- Breaking and Entering Doc Holding Marijuana Suspended by RI HEALTH
- PODCAST: The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- Jared Moffat: Now is the Right Time for RI to Regulate Marijuana
- RI State Report: Is It High Time to Legalize Marijuana?
- In Case You Missed It: Highest Marijuana Prices in New England
- RI Dept. of Health Approves First Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- NEW: Marijuana Arrest Rates Racially Disparate Toward Blacks
- RI State Report: Marijuana Decriminalization & Safer Schools
- NEW: Bill Would Legalize Marijuana in Rhode Island
- The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- New England States With The Highest Marijuana Arrest Rates