NEW: RI Pension Lawsuit Mediation Update Coming Wednesday
Monday, February 10, 2014
FMCS has been providing court-ordered mediation, at the joint request of the parties, in an attempt to settle numerous lawsuits. The cases involve thousands of public employees who, in 2012, challenged the Rhode Island Retirement Security Act of 2011.
“Court-ordered mediation is a common, widely-used dispute resolution mechanism with a long track record of success in the United States,” said John Arnold, Public Affairs Director of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. “After more than a year, the parties are continuing to work cooperatively, and it is the appropriate time to update Rhode Islanders.”
Representatives from Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service and attorneys representing plaintiffs and defendants will be at the Department of Administration at 2:30 PM on Wednesday for the announcement.
- In Case You Missed It: Siedle Report on RI Pension Investments
- Michael Riley: Is the RI Pension Commission Making Up Numbers?
- REPORT: RI Public Pension Reform - Wall Street’s License to Steal
- Michael Riley: The Municipal Pension Study Commission Is A Failure
- Rhode Island Pension Battle: Who are the Players?
- Russell Moore: Don’t Gut Pension Reform
- NEW: Raimondo Addresses Supporters Following Pension Investigation
- LISTEN- State Pension Fund Pays $570,000 to Raimondo’s Former Firm
- See How Much Providence Pays in Pension Fund Fees
- NEW: Retired Police, Fire Sue Providence over Pension Changes
- MINDSETTER™ Ted Siedle: News from the State Pension is All Good
- EXCLUSIVE: Providence Unfunded Pension Liability Now At Least $831M
- State Pension Fund Pays $570,000 to Raimondo’s Former Firm
- NY Lawyer Charges RI Pension Investments Tied to New SEC Complaint
- Experts React to Call for SEC Investigation Into RI Pension Fund
- The RI High Schools with the Most Suspensions
- PODCAST: Point Judith Made More than Providence on Pension Fund
- Experts Score Rhode Island Pension Battle
- Point Judith Made More than Providence on Pension Fund
- Forbes Columnist: RI Will Be Blown Away by Pension Investigation
- LISTEN- Rhode Island Pension Battle: Who are the Players?
- Providence Pension Crisis by the Numbers