NEW: RI Dept of Health Recommends Third Beach be Closed for Swimming
Friday, August 10, 2018
According to the press release, RIDOH will continue to monitor and review beach water quality regularly to ensure safe bathing throughout the summer season.
RIDOH adds that the status of a beach may change on a daily basis.
The most up-to-date beach information is available through a recorded message on RIDOH's beaches telephone line (401-222-2751).
Prior Beach Closings
The recommendation to close Third Beach comes one day after RIDOH recommended the closing of Bonnet Shores Beach Club in Narragansett due to bacteria levels.
- NEW: RI Dept of Health Recommends Bonnet Shores Beach Club be Closed for Swimming
- Tickets on Sale for Norman Bird Sanctuary Beach Bash
- Summer Fun Beyond the Beach with the Southern RI Chamber of Commerce
- RI Dept. of Health Recommends Closure of 4 Beaches Due to Bacteria Counts
- When Piping Plovers Closed Down Rhode Island’s Nudist Beach
- Frontier Airlines to Add Nonstop Service to Myrtle Beach From T.F. Green
- RI DEM Recruiting Lifeguards for State Beaches, Parks & Campgrounds
- Save The Bay to Hold Volunteer Beach Cleanups Throughout RI
- Narragansett Beer Announces Return of Town Beach IPA
- Beach Boys Bring “Good Vibrations” 50th Anniversary Tour to Indian Ranch!!
- Dept. of Health Recommends Closing Scarborough & Bristol Town Beach for Swimming
- Robert Whitcomb: Rebuilding & Rebuilding; Calling ERISA; Bailey’s Beach Bathos; Great Books
- Minority Leaders Speak Out on Whitehouse’s Membership to All-White Bailey’s Beach
- Are Rhode Island Beaches Safe to Swim? - Not Always
- RI DEM Offers Tips to Keep Traffic Moving at State Beaches
- RI Dept. of Health Recommends Closure of Conimicut Point Beach Due to Bacteria