NEW: Rhode Island Unemployment Climbed to 9.1 Percent for August
Thursday, September 19, 2013
The U.S. unemployment rate was 7.3 percent in August 2013, down one-tenth of a percentage point from the previous month and down eight-tenths of a percentage point over the year.
The number of unemployed RI residents—those residents classified as available for and actively seeking employment—was 50,100, up 800 from the previous month. Over the year, the number of unemployed dropped by 8,200.
The RI labor force totaled 552,200 in August 2013, down 3,800 from July 2013 and down 9,000 from August 2012.
- DLT Director: RI’s Unemployment Rate Won’t “Turn Around Overnight”
- Major Unemployment Assistance Underway for those Affected by Hurricane Sandy
- NEW: Chafee Announces Disaster Unemployment Assistance Sessions
- NEW: RI DLT Reports Lowest Unemployment Rate Since 2008
- NEW: RI Unemployment Numbers Dropped to 8.8 Percent in April
- NEW: RI Unemployment Rate Drops To 9.4%
- NEW: Reed, Whitehouse Seek to Preserve Unemployment Insurance
- NEW: Rhode Island Unemployment Rate Up For May 2013
- NEW: Rhode Island Unemployment Remained at 8.9 Percent for June
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.