NEW: Rhode Island Pension Lawsuit Update Postponed
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
See Release BELOW
WASHINGTON, DC – At the joint request of attorneys for the State and for Rhode Island public employee unions and retirees, the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS) announced that the press conference previously scheduled for today at 2:30 pm has been postponed, as the parties continue to talk and work with federal mediators.
The parties remain under the court-mandated confidentiality order. Further updates as to scheduling will be available through FMCS, when appropriate.
The U.S. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, created in 1947, is an independent U.S. government agency whose mission is to preserve and promote labor-management peace and cooperation. Headquartered in Washington, DC, with 10 district offices and 68 field offices, the agency provides mediation and conflict resolution services to industry, government agencies and communities
- Does Rhode Island’s Pension Reform Law have Any Hope of Survival?
- NEW: Freezing COLAs is Only One Step to Local Pension Reform, Group Says
- Donna Perry: No Time for Timid Pension Reform in Providence
- Donna Perry: Don’t Ruin the RI Pension Reform Law
- NEW: Hassett and Igliozzi Call for Changes to Providence Pension Reform
- Donna Perry: Time for Heavy Lifting on Disability Pension Reforms
- NEW: Former Union Head Day Blasts City Council on Pension Reform
- NEW: Judge Won’t Halt Pension Reform Law
- Lawmakers Rake in $120k Since Voting Against Pension Reform
- REPORT: RI Public Pension Reform - Wall Street’s License to Steal
- NEW: Mediation Ordered in State Pension Reform Lawsuit
- Majority of Anti-Pension Reform Lawmakers Returning to Smith Hill
- Russell Moore: Don’t Gut Pension Reform
- NEW: Providence Retirees Approve Pension Reform
- NEW: EngageRI Supports Providence Pension Reform
- State Report: Rhode Island Pension Reform & Falling Off the Fiscal Cliff
- NEW: Raimondo Featured In Institutional Investor on Pension Reform
- Tea Party Lines Up Behind Treasurer Raimondo on Pension Reform
- Pension Reform Lawsuit Decision: The Timeline
- Council at Odds: Members Call for Changes to Pension Reform
- NEW: Fox and Binder Battle Over Pension Reform
- Providence Would be Devastated if Courts Block Pension Reform
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.