NEW: Rhode Island College Unveils New Alex and Ani Hall Art Center
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Alex and Ani, the Cranston-based jewelry company, will be giving $1 million to the $17 million facility that was approved by Rhode Island voters in 2010 as a bond referendum
The existing building is being renovated to add new art studios and workshop spaces, as well as classrooms and offices, and will serve as the center of RIC's art program.
"Rhode Island Proud and Rhode Island Based"
Governor Chafee said, "Anytime we invest in education and infrastructure, it's a good thing."
Carriuolo, speaking on the partnership with the jewelry company, said "They're Rhode Island proud and Rhode Island based, just liked RIC."
"We believe in reinvestment," said Feroce, of the "workforce incubator" the Art Center will provide.
- Alex and Ani Opens Pavillion + Lounge At Newport Polo This Weekend
- Alex and Ani and Plan International USA Team to Create “Because I Am a Girl”
- Cranston jeweler Alex and Ani takes made-in-USA pride to London
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- Alex and Ani Founder Buys Belcourt Castle
- Alex and Ani Launches Super Bowl Ad