NEW: Rep. Nardolillo Calls for RI to Halt Consideration of Syrian Refugees
Monday, November 16, 2015
Following two the Republican Governors of Michigan and Alabama making such pronouncements, Nardolillo said he is sending a letter to Governor Raimondo calling for the same.
Nardolillo on the Record
"To be honest, I wanted to be out in front on this. We're all sitting in front of the TV in horror, this was a tragedy -- and we've been down this road before with 9/11," said Nardolillo. "We need to take a strong stance, locally, we need to show a sign of strength. We can't keep tip-toeing around. We can't roll out the welcome mat."
"[Representative] David Cicilline rolled out the welcome mat of vulnerability. He's pushing for 100,000 [refugees]," said Nardolillo. "I'm compassionate, that's my profession, that's my immediate emotion. I see the pictures of what the refugees are going through. But we can't be vulnerable."
Nardolillo said Monday morning that he hoped "other legislators" would "get on board."
"We all have our districts, but we need to do what's best for Rhode Island," he said.
- Carol Anne Costa: Syrian Crisis Makes Strange Bedfellows
- Don Roach: Are You Ready to Kill Syrians?
- Joseph Agresti: Syria + Why We Need To Kick The Oil Habit
- NEW: Brown University to Host Teach-In and Vigil on Syria
- The Scoop - Reed Talks Syria - RI News and Politics at 4 pm
- Fecteau: Want to Help Save Rhode Island? Demand More Syrian Refugees
- Pope Francis Urges Congress to Show Compassion to Syrian Refugees
- Chef Walter’s Flavors + Knowledge: Muhammara Syrian Dip
- Don Roach: Donald Trump Thinks Syrian Refugees Plan to Coup America