NEW: Raimondo’s Ties to No-Bid RI State Police Contract
Thursday, March 16, 2017
SEE VIDEO BELOW OF GAINER and RAIMONDO
As WPRI.com reported, the RISP recently awarded a $225,000 no-bid contract to Terrence Gainer of Chicago, the retired U.S. Senate Sergeant-At-Arms appointed by then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, to conduct a diversity assessment and report for the RISP.
Gainer was featured in a 2015 Washington Post article regarding his post-Senate role as security chief for a medical marijuana grow facility in Maryland.
In 2014, Raimondo received the maximum yearly contribution from Gainer's niece Bridget Gainer, Cook County Commissioner in Illinois.
Gainer was recently featured as "eyeballing a run for Chicago Mayor," in a recent Chicago Tribune article.
Chicago Political, Pension Reform Ties
Raimondo appeared alongside Bridget Gainer on WTTW's "Chicago Tonight" to talk about pension reform.
As reported in the Chicago Tribune in 2014:
Rhode Island served as a model for Illinois, both in its quest to enact pension reform last year and in the lawsuits that followed from its unions. Now this compromise could point to the end game that ultimately will prevail.
“It's an example, a template,” said Cook County Commissioner Bridget Gainer, chairman of the county's pension committee. “People in politics, they don't want to be pioneers. When there's a model out there, it's bound to be influential.”
- “I am Sorry” Says Raimondo About Failed UHIP Rollout
- Moore: Feroce Destroys Raimondo’s Economic Strategy
- Raimondo, Chafee and Mattiello All on GoLocal LIVE - See the Schedule
- Governor Raimondo On GoLocal LIVE and Talks UHIP, 38 Studios, and Free College Tuition
- Raimondo’s Interim HHS Boss to Resurrect UHIP Oversaw Failed VT Healthcare System
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Raimondo and 38 Studios and Trump Chaos
- LIVE: Dickinson, Former Asst AG & GoLocal’s Attorney Discusses Raimondo’s 38 Studios Announcement
- Fecteau: Raimondo’s Sanctuary City Tightrope
- Moore: Raimondo’s Old School, Know A Guy Politics
- Feroce Say Raimondo’s Economic Subsidies are “Nonsense”
- Raimondo Agrees to GoLocal’s Demands, Pledges to Release State Police Records on 38 Studios
- Legislative Leaders Fire Back at Raimondo’s Claim They Pressured Her on UHIP Launch
- Chafee Calls Out Raimondo Administration for “Candy Store” Economic Development Strategy
- Rep. Nardolillo Blasts Raimondo Over New Tourism Campaign
- Does a Republican Candidate Have the Edge Over Raimondo?
- Two Top RI GOP Women Leaders Discuss Trump’s Address, Raimondo & More on GoLocal LIVE
- NEW: Raimondo Announces State Offices Closed on Tuesday Due to Storm
- Moore: Raimondo, Mattiello Squabble Over Budget Giveaways
- War of the Roses Breaks Out Between Mattiello and Raimondo
- Raimondo Headlining Deloitte-Sponsored Event in California
- Moore: Raimondo Badmouths Deloitte, Then Breaks Bread With Them
- Raimondo Administration Starts Process for Locating New Innovation Campus
- Mattiello Calls Raimondo “Tone Deaf” on Public’s Support for Elimination the Car Tax
- Raimondo Announces Investments in 10 New Bikeway Projects