| | Advanced Search

 

Marrocco: Federal Hill Residents Racists, Says Taveras Should “Run Back to the D.R.”—Marrocco: Federal Hill Residents Racists, Says Taveras Should…

NEW: Smiley Unveils Good Government Plan; Receives Roberts’ Endorsement—Democratic candidate for Mayor Brett Smiley has unveiled…

NEW: Fung Calls on Chafee to Rescind Caprio Beach Contract—Cranston Mayor and Republican candidate for Governor, Allan…

NEW: RI GOP Calls for Palumbo to Step Down—Rhode Island Republicans have asked for State Representative…

Organizations Past Due on Police Detail: See Who Owes the Most—Organizations Past Due on Police Detail: See Who…

Santurri: Will The Democratic Race for Providence Mayor Become Primarily Negative?—Santurri: Will The Democratic Race for Providence Mayor…

It’s All About Education: High Stakes Testing & Common Core Debate—It’s All About Education: High Stakes Testing &…

Angela Moore Fashion Show and Champagne Brunch Debuts at Rosecliff—To celebrate the 375th anniversary of Newport, the…

Pats’ Camp: Brown’s Develin steps up his game—From the Ivy League to the NFL...

Media Days Come To Rhode Island—The American Athletic Conference's Media Day took place…

 
 

NEW: Providence Man Pleads Guilty to Child Porn Charges

Monday, February 04, 2013

 

A Providence may faces between 15-30 years in federal prison following a guilty plea today that he participated in the production of child pornography in the Dominican Republic and transported back into the U.S.

Juan Carlos Santiago, 35, admitted today to travelling to the Dominican Republic and engaging in sexually explicit conduct with a prepubescent male child. According to the U.S. Attorney’s office, Santiago told the court he brought the images and video back to the states and also recorded video chat sessions, including sexually explicit conduct, with minors he contacted through social media.

Santiago, who admitted to possessing at least 50 similar videos on his home computer, will be sentenced in June and will likely face a long prison sentence followed by five years to a lifetime of supervised release.

According to the U.S. Attorney's office, members of the RI State Police Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force conducted a court-authorized search of Santiago’s residence in October of last year and seized two computers, digital storage devices, a digital camera and assorted CDs and DVDs. A forensic examination of the equipment reportedly revealed numerous images of Santiago engaged in sexual activity with a prepubescent male. 

Santiago was arrested on December 20, 2012, by agents from Homeland Security Investigations and members of the ICAC Task Force. He has been detained in federal custody since his arrest.
 

Editor's Note: This story has been revised to correct the prosecuting office to the "U.S. Attorney's".

 

Enjoy this post? Share it with others.




Commenting is not available in this channel entry.