Pawtucket Man Pleads Guilty to Sex Trafficking
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Wallace admitted in court that in addition to trafficking the 17-year-old, he also brought a 20-year-old woman from the Boston area to Rhode Island where she was featured in photos posted on Backpage.com and was also offered for commercial sexual activity.
Wallace pleded guilty to one count each of conspiracy, sex trafficking of a child, transportation of a minor for sexual activity, and two counts of transportation of an individual for sexual activity.
Wallace has been held in custody since his arrest on August 29, 2014 and is scheduled to be sentenced on June 25.
The case is being prosecuted in federal court by Assistant U.S. Attorney Pamela E. Chin. The U.S. Attorney’s Office is also working in conjunction with the Rhode Island Department of Attorney General in the prosecution of this matter. Wallace also faces charges in Rhode Island state court in an unrelated matter.
The FBI, Pawtucket Police and Rhode Island State Police were assisted in the investigation of this matter by the United States Marshal Service and the Arlington, Mass., Police Department.
- Day One Assembles Task Force To Address Sex Trafficking in RI
- Good is Good: Sex Trafficking in the US
- NEW: RI Sex Trafficking Bill Passes House 65-0
- State Report: Embezzlement Sentencing, Sex Trafficking Bill + More
- Giannini: Rhode Island Continues To Be a Haven for Sex Trafficking
- Fireworks, Sex Trafficking, & Highway Protests: The Week at the State House
- Pawtucket Man Pleads Guilty to Sex Trafficking
- Good Is Good: The Secret Service and Prostitutes
- NEW: Taveras’ Donor Tied to National Prostitution Scandal
- Angiulo: Comparing Legalized Prostitution in Canada versus America
- State Report: Marijuana Tax + Bill Targets Prostitutes and Pimps
- PODCAST: RI Cities+ Towns with the Most Registered Sex Offenders
- NEW: Lawmaker Call for Stricter Sex Offender Laws
- NEW: ACLU Files Lawsuit Over Residency Restriction for Sex Offenders
- The Communities with the Most Sex Offenders
- PODCAST: Danger Next Door: The Communities with the Most Sex Offenders
- Sex Offender Loophole Fixed in House Bill
- NEW: Department of Corrections Warns Against Sex Offenders Tonight
- NEW: Agreement Reached to Keep 3 Sex Offenders Near Schools—For Now
- State Report: Another EDC Loan Flop, the Chafee Grad Party & Sex Offenders
- Dear John: My Mother-In-Law Is Sex Offender Paranoid
- LISTEN: Investigation: Convicted Sex Offender Lives Near Home for Battered Women
- Cities and Towns with the Most Registered Sex Offenders in RI
- Which RI Communities Have the Most Registered Sex Offenders?
- Palumbo, Kilmartin Renew Call for Better Tracking of Sex Offenders
- INVESTIGATION: Convicted Sex Offender Lives Near Home for Battered Women