NEW: Man Arrested for Possession of 50 Pounds of Marijuana Worth an Estimated $50,000
Thursday, October 05, 2017
Jonathan Yu, 27, of New York, NY, was charged with possession of marijuana in excess of five kilograms and possession with intent to manufacture or deliver a controlled substance Schedule I and II (marijuana).
Troopers arrested Yu after stopping him for speeding on Interstate 95 North in West Greenwich around 10:25 p.m. on Tuesday night. His recorded speed was 81 miles an hour.
During a search of his car, troopers found 47 vacuum-sealed bags of marijuana in the trunk.
Yu was arrested and held overnight, pending arraignment later today in Third Division District Court. He also was cited for speeding.
Related Slideshow: Providence Crime By the Numbers - 2016
- AG & RI State Police Find Statute of Limitations Expired on St. George’s Criminal Case
- GoLocalTV: Raimondo Refuses to Order RI State Police to Release 38 Studios Investigation Docs
- NEW: Nat’l Black Police Officers Blast RI State Police in Letter to Raimondo
- UPDATED: O’Donnell Out as Head of RI State Police
- RI State Police’s Assumpico Criticizes 38 Studios Investigation
- RI State Police OfferCyber Safety Tips for College Students
- 79 People Arrested, 344 Citations Issued by RI State Police Over Holiday Weekend
- RI State Police Say Illegal Use of ATVs Will Not Be Tolerated, After GoLocal Video