Latest Deloitte-UHIP Debacle - Incorrect Tax Forms Sent to 3,000 HealthsourceRI Members
Saturday, February 25, 2017
In a statement issued by the Department of Administration, the state says it expects consultant Deloitte to pay for any costs incurred by taxpayers to refile.
The Department of Administration announced the following on Friday afternoon.
“Due to a UHIP system coding error, approximately 3,000 HealthSource RI customers recently received incorrect 1095-A tax forms. We have begun reaching out to customers. Corrected forms have been posted to the Customer Portal and will also be sent via postal mail to affected customers.
Customers are asked to wait to file their taxes until they receive the corrected forms. If a customer receiving a new form has already filed their taxes, they should consult with their tax preparer or the IRS. An amended return may be necessary. Customers can also contact the HealthSource RI Contact Center at 1-855-408-1344 should they have questions about their corrected Form 1095-A.
The State expects Deloitte to cover any expenses related to this error, including taxpayers’ personal income tax refiling fees. As part of the UHIP turn-around effort, the State continues to work through and resolve issues with the system as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this error caused our customers.”
Related Slideshow: UHIP Assessment Report to Governor Raimondo
- ACLU Sues Rhode Island Over UHIP Food Stamp Delays
- Reps. Morgan, Quattrocchi Call UHIP Rollout Problems “Simply Unacceptable”
- Raimondo to Oust DePena, Guertin Over UHIP Debacle
- Raimondo Orders Expanded DHS Hours, Staff to Address Ongoing UHIP Problems
- Rep. Serpa Demands Raimondo Intervene in Botched UHIP Rollout
- RI Leaders’ Top Questions for Raimondo Administration on Botched UHIP Launch
- Biggest Questions Facing Raimondo Administration’s Botched $500M UHIP Rollout
- House UHIP Hearing Presses Roberts, DePena, DeBiase for Answers on Botched Launch
- Raimondo’s UHIP “Decisiveness” Four Months Too Late - Leaders Blame Gov & Roberts
- ACLU of RI Sets up Hotline for Food Stamp Complaints Related to UHIP
- Legislative Leaders Fire Back at Raimondo’s Claim They Pressured Her on UHIP Launch
- UHIP Failure Increases Demand at Rhode Island Community Food Bank
- Serpa Calls for Auditor General to Conduct Independent Review of UHIP
- Raimondo’s Interim HHS Boss to Resurrect UHIP Oversaw Failed VT Healthcare System
- Governor Raimondo On GoLocal LIVE and Talks UHIP, 38 Studios, and Free College Tuition
- House Oversight Committee to Hear UHIP Update During Thursday Meeting
- “I am Sorry” Says Raimondo About Failed UHIP Rollout
- Roberts Out, Wood Demoted — Report This Week Will Outline UHIP Mega-Problems
- Settlement Reached in Lawsuit Over Food Stamp Benefit Delays Caused by UHIP