NEW: Jennings’ Sell Farmstead, To Open Boston Restaurant
Thursday, May 08, 2014
Chef and owners Matt and Kate Jennings are selling their popular Providence restaurant http://www.farmsteadinc.com/ and shipping up to Boston.
The Beantown natives will close the doors on their bistro and storefront June 1st and plan on opening a new restaurant called Townsman.
The Jennings’ plan on opening Townsend later in 2014 and have set their sights on the new Radian building at 120 Kingston Street in downtown Boston for a location.
Matt Jennings is an acclaimed chef and has even been dubbed “The Prince of Pork” for winning 3 consecutive wins at the nose-to-tail culinary competition Cochon 555. He’s also won a Star Chefs “Rising Star” award in 2014, appeared on the front page of The New York Times’ Dining section. He was named one of GoLocalProv's 14 to Watch in 2014 in January.
He has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Esquire, Food & Wine, Martha Stewart Living, Rhode Island Monthly as well as making TV appearances on PBS’ “A Moveable Feast,” Travel Channel’s “Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.”
Thankful for Providence
“When Kate and I moved to Rhode Island and opened Farmstead, we knew that we would one day return home to raise our children near our family and friends in Boston. We are forever indebted to all of our loyal guests who helped us build Farmstead into the beloved destination it has become for so many,” said Matt Jennings in a statement issued to GoLocalProv. “Based on how deeply involved we have been at Farmstead from the very beginning, we knew that keeping our Providence spot open and spreading ourselves across two states would never work for us, our staff and most importantly our guests. We will certainly cherish the memories at Wayland Square and hope that our many Farmstead friends will visit us often at Townsman.”
The Jennings' have decided to sell their restaurant in Providence to focus on the Townsman.
- Farmstead’s American Artisan Dinner at The James Beard House
- NEW: RI’s Farmstead Products Recalled for Potential Contamination
- Matt Jennings: 14 To Watch in Rhode Island in 2014
- Matt Jennings of Providence’s Farmstead Tapped By Michelle Obama for National Program
- Farmstead’s Kate & Matt Jennings Named to Annual “40 Chefs Under 40” List
- 12 to Watch in 2012: Matt Jennings
- Best New Brunch In Providence: Farmstead
- Farmstead’s ‘Société-Orignal’ Dinner to Benefit Hurricane Victims
- Providence’s Farmstead, Inc., Rolls Out Fall Events