NEW: Fox Fined $1500 by Ethics Commission for PEDP Non-Disclosure
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Fox was fined $500 for each of the three years between 2007 and 2009 he did not report income for legal work with the Providence Economic Development Partnership, the quasi-public agency under the Department of Planning and Development for the City of Providence.
In 2004, Fox was fined $10,000 by the Ethics Commission while House Majority leader for voting on a no-bid deal for GTECH in which his law firm was involved.
Statement in Response
Fox's lawyer, Albin Moser, Esq., issued the following statement following the ruling on Tuesday:
“Speaker Fox had stated from the beginning that if the Ethics Commission would like his Financial Disclosure report to be amended, then he would do so. That being the case, Speaker Fox has amended his reports for 2007, 2008 and 2009.
In keeping with past practice of the Commission, there is usually a fine involved. He will pay the fine of $500 per year for each of those three years.
He did not list work for PEDP in those years because he believed he was a subcontractor to Joshua Teverow’s law firm on his loan closings that were performed at Mr. Teverow’s office.
Beginning in 2010 and continuing in 2011 and 2012, Speaker Fox began doing the closings directly for PEDP, which he reported during those three years and the Ethics Commission has acknowledged. He has not performed any work for PEDP since 2012.”
- Arthur Christopher Schaper: Speaker Fox, Will You Marry Me?
- LISTEN: O’Neill Says Fox Lied About 38 Studios
- Arthur Schaper: Speaker Fox In The Hen House
- NEW: Block to Fox: Spare Us Lectures on Reform
- EXCLUSIVE: O’Neill Says Fox Lied About 38 Studios
- NEW: Ken Block Says Master Lever May Have Helped Fox Avoid Defeat
- NEW: Meeting Notes Show Fox, Paiva-Weed Pushing for 38 Studios
- Fox’s Rival Calls for New Economic Model
- NEW: Rabid Fox Found In East Greenwich
- Gordon Fox Campaign Contributions Exceeded $1K Limit
- NEW: Speaker Fox Comes Out in Favor of the Master Lever
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Steven Artigas: Open Letter to Gordon Fox
- NEW: Statement by Speaker Fox on Chafee Joining Dems
- In Case You Missed It: Gordon Fox Accused of Manipulating House Campaigns
- RI State Report: Block v. Fox, RIGOP Push for Latino Vote; More