slides: New England Meteorologists’ Blizzard Forecasts—Who Will Be Right?
Saturday, February 09, 2013
GoLocal rounded up predictions from top meteorologists in Providence and Boston, ranging from a foot and a half to nearly three feet. Who was right? We'll find out tomorrow morning.
18-24 inches, up to 30
Ghiorse said the winter storm is likely to drop 18 to 24 inches across most of the region with a few isolated spots nearer the 30-inch mark, but he noted that drifting caused by the high winds that are expected to accompany the snowfall will make measurement very difficult.
18 to 24 inches
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard May Bring Up to 3 Feet of Snow
- Follow the Storm on StormPulse
- GoLocal’s Readers’ Rhode Island Blizzard Photos
- LIVE MAP: National Grid Power Outages
- NEW: An Updated List of Today’s Cancellations
- NEW: Chafee issues state of emergency: “Now is the time to hunker down”
- NEW: Providence Parking Ban Begins at Noon, Mall Closing
- NEW: Providence Restaurants That Are OPEN During the Blizzard
- NEW: Storm Shuts Down Twin River
- NEW: T.F. Greene, RIPTA Cancelling Service in Anticipation of Storm
- Worst Storms in Rhode Island History
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.