NEW: Community Groups Support Central Falls Superintendent
Monday, May 30, 2011
In the letter, which is addressed to Board of Regents Chairman George Caruolo, the signatories say Gallo and the Board of Trustees have “prudently managed the school system's resources during a very difficult and tumultuous time,” pointing to the current $2.2 million surplus.
The letter was released just days after the Central Falls Teachers Union overwhelmingly took a vote of no confidence in Gallo and the Board of Trustees—a story that GoLocalProv broke.
Signatories of the letter included the following groups and individuals. (In all there were 32 signatories.)
The Blackstone Academy Charter School
The Learning Community Charter School
The San Miguel School
Blackstone Valley Prep Charter School
Family Services of Rhode Island
The Center for Hispanic Policy and Advocacy
Central Falls City Councilman James Diossa
Civil rights leader Malcolm Farmer
FULL TEXT of LETTER
Dear Chairman Caruolo:
We the undersigned Central Falls residents, education leaders, and friends of Central Falls schools write to you today to express our strong support for Superintendent Dr. Frances Gallo and the Central Falls School District Board of Trustees. These dedicated public servants have prudently managed the school system's resources during a very difficult and tumultuous time.
Contrary to politically motivated claims of mismanagement, the Central Falls School Department has a $2.2 million dollar surplus, and these funds should be dedicated to our schools and our students, not to plugging the city's budget deficit.
Central Falls schools no doubt face a number of challenges. We are, however, very confident in the leadership of Dr. Gallo and the members of the Central Falls School Board who are dedicated to sound fiscal management and to transforming our schools into truly great places for students to learn.
Click here to view the letter.
If you valued this article, please LIKE GoLocalProv.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT May 19, 2011 Central Falls Schools
- AG Candidate Little Tied to Central Falls Mayor
- BREAKING NEWS: Central Falls Teachers Say It’s a Deal
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee to Keep Central Falls Receive for One More Month
- BREAKING NEWS: Gist - Central Falls Teachers, Administration Reach a Deal
- BREAKING NEWS: Gist Speaks Out on Central Falls School District
- BREAKING NEWS: State Senator Calls for Central Falls Superintendent to Resign
- Central Falls & Pawtucket Merger: How Would It Affect RI?
- Central Falls Broke, Judge Names Receiver
- Central Falls Receiver Appoints His Own Council
- Central Falls School District Get $1.3 Million Grant
- Central Falls Teacher: Why I Resigned
- Central Falls Teachers Vote No Confidence in Gallo
- Central Falls Teachers: Don’t Blame Us
- Central Falls-Pawtucket Merger: Residents Speak Out
- Councilman Calls for Central Falls Mayor to Resign
- Critics: Central Falls Receiver Sets ‘Dangerous Precedent’
- EDITORIAL: Central Falls - Let’s Merge It
- EXCLUSIVE: Central Falls School ‘Whistleblower’ Punished
- EXCLUSIVE: Felon Serving on Central Falls School Board
- EXCLUSIVE: Fired Providence Teacher Hired in Central Falls
- Gallo—Teachers Blocking Transformation of Central Falls High
- Gist: Reform at Central Falls Now Can Move at ‘Light Speed’
- Gist—State Will Review Criminal Record of Central Falls Trustee
- GoLocalProv Uncovers ‘Pay to Play’ in Central Falls
- Is It Time to Abolish the City of Central Falls?
- NEW: Central Falls Receiver: Merge City with Pawtucket
- NEW: Central Falls School Board Chair Defends Superintendent
- NEW: Central Falls Superintendent Speaks Out on Teacher Assault
- NEW: Central Falls – No Explanation for MIA Administrators
- NEW: Chafee—‘Running out of Time’ to Fix Central Falls Budget
- Over 100 Central Falls Teachers Face Layoffs
- Senator Calls for Forensic Audit of Central Falls Schools
- Should Central Falls Be Merged?
- Should Central Falls be merged?
- Three Central Falls School Administrators Missing in Action
- UPDATED: Chafee, General Assembly Leaders Weigh in on Central Falls
- UPDATED: Flanders Leaves Board of Regents to be Central Falls Receiver
- Violence on the Rise at Central Falls Schools
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.