NEW: Chafee—‘Running out of Time’ to Fix Central Falls Budget
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
“Recent reports I have received from Justice Flanders indicate that we do not have the luxury of time to correct the chronic and longstanding financial challenges in Central Falls,” Chafee said. “Therefore, I have authorized Justice Flanders to take whatever steps he deems necessary, including expediting options that will assure residents of Central Falls with continued access to essential public safety services.”
The Governor’s office also announced that Flanders, who is a retired Supreme Court justice, had hired Municipal Management Solutions, a Rhode Island-based company that will help him in “implementing emergency fiscal management and oversight services.”
If you valued this article, please LIKE GoLocalProv.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee to Keep Central Falls Receive for One More Month
- BREAKING NEWS: Gist - Central Falls Teachers, Administration Reach a Deal
- Central Falls Broke, Judge Names Receiver
- Central Falls School District Get $1.3 Million Grant
- Central Falls-Pawtucket Merger: Residents Speak Out
- Councilman Calls for Central Falls Mayor to Resign
- Critics: Central Falls Receiver Sets ‘Dangerous Precedent’
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.