NEW: Chafee Hires Moderate Party Official
Monday, February 07, 2011
“Christine brings with her a wealth of experience from across the political spectrum,” Chafee said. “She has proven herself to be a true independent – focused on results rather than partisan concerns. Given this, she is well suited to connect effectively with legislators of all political stripes to work for the overall good of the people of Rhode Island.”
Hunsinger has also served as the executive director of the new Moderate Party, which has qualified for a spot on the 2014 ballot. Prior to her work with the party she was Campaign Director for the House Democratic Campaign Committee of Pennsylvania and was on staff for the campaign for Jeff Beatty, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Massachusetts.
“I am honored that Governor Chafee has given me this tremendous opportunity to serve the people of Rhode Island,” Hunsinger said. “His commitment to turning the state’s economy around, creating and preserving jobs, and getting Rhode Island working again is clear – and I am proud to be joining his administration.”
Hunsinger earned her B.A. in political science from St. Anselm College and her M.P.A. from Brown University.
- Block Says Teachers’ Endorsement of Chafee ‘Uninformed’
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee Appoints Fogarty as Head of Labor & Training
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee Keeping Stokes
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee Names Interim Director of DCYF
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee Offers Costantino Top Post
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee Wants to Keep DOT Director
- BREAKING: Chafee Eyes Fogarty for Cabinet