NEW: Brown University Investigated by Feds in Sexual Assault Case
Friday, July 18, 2014
GoLocalProv reported that Brown student Lena Sclove levied a series of attacks against Brown University administrators for their handling of the discipline of her rape case. GoLocal's coverage continued in April of this year when Brown President Christina Paxson weighed in on the case. The accused student told his side of the story to the Daily Beast in June.
Statement from University
"Brown received notice today from the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights of their investigation of a Title IX complaint against Brown University. The University will cooperate fully during this review. Our policy is not to discuss individual cases or details of ongoing reviews. We continue to work to ensure that we adhere to all best practices under Title IX, and have communicated the establishment of a task force charged with recommending improvements to our procedures."
- NEW: Brown’s President Paxson Weighs in on Rape Case
- College Rape: Who Should She Call?
- College Admissions: How Widespread is Campus Rape?
- NEW: Accused Student in Brown Rape Case Tells Story to Daily Beast
- INVESTIGATION: Brown Rape Case
- Brown Rape Case: Top Stories in RI in 2012
- Brown Rape Case Recording - Part 1
- Brown Rape Case Recording - Part 2
- Brown Rape Case Recording - Part 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Secret Recording in Brown Rape Case