NEW: BlackLivesMatter to Protest on Federal Hill Over Columbus Day
Saturday, October 10, 2015
The event entitled "#BlackLivesMatter and We Won't Let the Police Tell Us Differently! Coffee on Indigenous People Day" had nearly 300 people indicating they were going on Friday morning on Facebook.
A police protest demanding the worker be fired has been planned for the same location on Saturday.
This story that GoLocalProv broke on Saturday has been picked up by news organizations across the country including USAToday, Fox and the Boston Globe.
Come to a short but needed action to celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day and stand up for Black Lives Matter in front of Dunkin Donuts on Atwells Ave!
Police violence through racial profiling, police brutality, and incarceration continues to plague poor communities and Communities of Color. This is related to a history of colonialism and violence that Christopher Columbus helped to establish.
Recently, the Fraternal Order of Police in Providence released a statement that disrespected our Black Lives Matter Movement. They blew out of proportion an important voice that wrote #blacklivesmatter on a coffee cup an officer was served. This was an act of resistance by a worker and we need to support this important voice!
Come get some coffee and pass out #blacklivesmatter coffee cups with us!
Related Slideshow: 26th Annual Metcalf Awards for Diversity in the Media
- NEW: Dunkin’s Statement on Multiple Incidents with Police Officers by Workers
- National Police Union: Dunkin’ Donuts Not Socially Responsible
- NEW: Providence’s Dancing Cop Calls for Dunkin’ Donuts Boycott
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Police: Do #BlackLivesMatter, or Do All Lives Matter?
- EXCLUSIVE: Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Writes ‘#BlackLivesMatter’ on Police Officer’s Cup
- NEW: Dunkin’ Donuts Corporate Responds to GoLocal Report on #BlackLivesMatter, Prov Police
- Providence Police Union Says Dunkin’ Donuts Employee Safety Issue to Officers
- NEW: Police Officers Demanding Providence Dunkin’ Donuts Employee Be Fired
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI Names First Diversity Officer
- Dan Lawlor: Political Diversity Can Save Rhode Island
- Roger Williams Gets $75K From Hearst Foundations For Diversity
- RI’s Private + Parochial High School Diversity: Which Schools Reported
- NEW: PC Names First-Ever Chief Diversity Officer
- Supporters: Cutting Brown Wrestling Hurts Diversity
- Candidates Tackle Illegal Immigration, Diversity in Debate
- RI Artist Tony Johnson to Speak on Diversity, Arts, at RIC
- Coach Herman Boone Speaks to Providence College, Addresses Diversity
- Don Roach: Diversity is Overrated
- NEW: Brown Sets Diversity Record With Class of 2017 Admissions
- Providence’s Wheeler School to Host Diversity Conference
- Leaders Call for More Diversity in Raimondo Administration
- Rhode Island’s Diversity Explosion—See Where
- Leaders Call for More Diversity in Law Enforcement Leadership in RI
- GoLocalProv’s Nagle Wins NAACP Award for Diversity Coverage - 3rd Major Award in 2014
- NEW: RI Gubernatorial Candidates to Appear at Diversity Forum
- Rhode Island Reacts to School Diversity Report
- GoLocalProv Wins Metcalf Award for Diversity in Media
- PHOTOS: 26th Annual Metcalf Awards for Diversity in the Media
- It’s All About Education: Do We Really Value Diversity in Schools?