Narducci Opposes Proposed Marijuana Dispensary in Providence Neighborhood
Tuesday, January 02, 2018
“I want to be very clear, I’m not opposed to compassion centers. I’m only opposed to this specific site because its location is almost completely surrounded by family homes. I realize that this area is zoned for commercial enterprise, but this is not the right place for a compassion center. I hope the zoning review board will consider my concerns when they meet next week,” said Narducci.
The application for a Special Use Permit for the operation of a Compassion Center/Cultivation Center for Medical Cannabis was submitted by Donovan Obair LLC and SEACAP Holdings RI I, LLC.
The Zoning Board of Review will be meeting on January 10, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. at 444 Westminster Avenue, in the first-floor conference room to vote on the matter.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- NEW: Morales, Kwan and Narducci on Elorza Transition Team
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Ford: No More Reefer Madness - Legalize Marijuana
- Legalizing Marijuana is “Throwing Gasoline” on Addiction Fire, Says Former Congressman Kennedy
- “We’re Confident We Have the Votes” to Legalize Marijuana in RI, Says Moffat
- The 2017 Effort to Legalize Marijuana is Launched in RI
- RI ACLU, RIPAC Blast Department of Health’s Regulations on Medical Marijuana
- Massachusetts Votes to Legalize Marijuana
- Guest MINDSETTERS™ Sen. Miller & Rep. Slater: RI Should Regulate Marijuana
- 1-on-1 With Mattiello on 2017: Car Tax, Marijuana, 38 Studios, and More
- Marijuana Legalization in Rhode Island Gaining New Detractors, Supporters
- Regulate RI Proposes Marijuana Legalization Compromise; Speaker’s Office Says Too Late This Session
- Mattiello on LIVE: Marijuana Dead, Car Tax Repeal Extended to 6 Years
- Regulate RI Calls Marijuana Study Commission “Flawed Delay Tactic,” Members Will Not Participate
- LIVE: Latest on ACLU Medical Marijuana Battle Against Smithfield
- Rep. Corvese to File Bill Making Identities of Medical Marijuana Providers Public Info
- NEW: Man Arrested for Possession of 50 Pounds of Marijuana Worth an Estimated $50,000
- My Position on Marijuana Legalization Has Evolved, Says Raimondo on GoLocal LIVE
- New York Man Arrested With Nearly 50 Pounds of Marijuana on Rt 95 in Hopkinton
- LIVE: Newport’s Florez Talks Marijuana, Economy & More, in Race for Paiva Weed’s Senate Seat
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Battle Over Legalizing Marijuana
- The Battle Over Marijuana Heats Up at RI State House
- Former RI Director of Health Supports Marijuana Legalization, But Opposes Proposed Bill
- Study Commission on Marijuana Legalization to Hold Meeting at State House