NEW: Mollis Confirms Maximum Fine in Zaccagnino Lobbying Case
Thursday, December 18, 2014
In DeSimone’s decision he stated that Mr. Zaccagnino, “shall file all necessary lobbying reports for 2010 commencing in March through the termination of the legislative term within seven (7) days of the date of this decision” and that “failure to provide said reports within the above period shall result in a fine of Two Thousand ($2,000) Dollars payable forthwith”.
“I would like to, once again, thank Mr. DeSimone for his work on this matter as a Hearing Officer”, says Mollis. “His experience lent a great deal to this unprecedented process”.
“With this finding, I further reiterate that our actions were never politically motivated,” says Mollis. “If we wanted to act politically, we would have had one hearing, asked for the maximum fine, and benefitted politically. Instead, we acted and continue to act in the best interests of the responsibilities of our office and the people of Rhode Island. We look forward to continuing our work over these next few weeks and bring the remainder of our 38 Studios investigation to a close.”
Mollis’ action will bring the Hearing Process to a close with “statutory maximum fine permitted in this matter” for lobbying violators.
For more information please contact Raina C. Smith, Director of Communications at the Office of Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis at 401-222-4293 or [email protected].
- NEW: Mollis Announces 135 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Presidential Delegate
- NEW: Mollis to Launch Mobile Voter ID Units Tuesday
- NEW: Mollis Says Rick Santorum Will Remain on Primary Ballot
- NEW: Mollis Releases First Quarter Data for New Business Creation
- NEW: NAACP, Mollis to Register Voters, Provide Free Voter IDs Saturday
- PowerPlayer: Secretary of State Ralph Mollis
- NEW: Mollis Reminds For-Profit Corporations to File Annual Reports
- Mollis Raises March 31 Business Filing Alert, Offers Web Help
- Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis and RIEDC Offer Help Sharpening Your Business Skills
- NEW: Secretary of State Mollis Honors RI Businesswoman Cindy Butler
- NEW: Mollis Releases Third Quarter Data on New Business Creation
- NEW: Mollis Lists Last-Minute Voting Options
- Secretary of State Mollis Announces Important Deadline for Primary Voters
- Sec. of State Mollis to Speak at Ocean State Small Business Expo
- NEW: Mollis Questions McKee’s 38 Studios Connections