Methodology: GoLocal’s Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013
Monday, March 04, 2013
From there, our researchers assessed more than 60 different factors covered by the data, from overall quality rankings both nationally and regionally to rankings for best professors, housing, diversity, nightlife, career preparation, social/academic balance, and of course, food.
GoLocal's proprietary formula gave varying weights to different categories--again, seeking to capture the overall "greatness" of a college or university campus. Performance on national and regional lists for overall quality were highly weighted. Also of higher weight--classroom experiences (including classroom participation and accessibility of professors) as well as quality of life indicators such as living space and food. Each school's performance on these measures was summed and ranked based on value.
- GoLocal’s Super Ranking: Top New England Colleges 2013
- How RI Colleges Ranked—Top New England Colleges 2013
- College Admissions: 5 Ways To Survive College Decision Season
- COLLEGE GUIDE: Local College Rankings You Don’t Know About
- College Admissions: What to Believe in College Rankings