Lucchino Says PawSox Have Identified Attleboro Site As Alternative to Apex Location in Pawtucket
Saturday, November 18, 2017
“Attleboro is one of the sites that was identified as a potential alternative if we were unsuccessful here (Slater Mill site in Pawtucket),” said Lucchino. “The Yale University architectural students and professors also had input into the sites they wanted to study, and they participated in the selection of a non-urban Attleboro site to create some variety in their studies.”
The statement was issued after Yale University grad students made a presentation on Friday.
"As third-year Master of Architecture candidates at Yale University, Val Flores, Zach Hoffmann and Dylan Weiser (under the guidance of professors Alan Plattus and Andrei Harwell and visiting professor, Janet Marie Smith) developed a design for a ballpark at the current Apex site," said the PawSox. The students presented their work and "discussed opportunities created by the urban and riverfront site."
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Tough Questions Emerging for the PawSox Proposal
- Libertarian Party Candidate Hunt Jr. Slams PawSox Stadium Proposal
- RI Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Endorses New PawSox Stadium at Slater Mill
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll - RI on Wrong Track, PawSox Opposition and More
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino Goes 1-On-1 with PawSox Consultant Rosentraub
- Frias Goes Door-to-Door in Mattiello’s District Voicing Opposition to PawSox Stadium Funding
- Dates Announced for PawSox Stadium Legislation Hearings
- Leading Stadium Expert deMause: “I Can’t See How PawSox Bonds Will Be Paid Back”
- RI GOP’s Mendonca on PawSox, Trump, 2018 and More, on LIVE
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Kinch: PawSox Must Put Up More Money for Deal to Work
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Brawl on the PawSox with Dufault, Fenton, Stenhouse & Rickman
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll: RIers Overwhelmingly Oppose Public Funding for the PawSox Stadium
- PawSox to Host Annual Open House & BallYard Sale at McCoy Stadium
- Sen. Sheehan Discusses the Need for a New PawSox Deal on GoLocal LIVE
- PawSox Deal Looks Dead for 2017, Mattiello Raises Concerns
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Stewart: Supporting PawSox Gentrification Efforts is Not Progressive
- Top Union Leader Warns Time Is Running Out for a PawSox Deal
- I Will Vote Against Current PawSox Deal: Guest MINDSETTER™ Sheehan
- Sasse Says RI Commerce Failed to Properly Review PawSox Deal
- Facing Overwhelming Public Opposition for PawSox Deal, What is Next for Owners
- On LIVE Thursday: Festival Ballet, Kinch on PawSox, and Dem’s McNamara & Much More
- Kinch Says PawSox Deal is a Threat to Pawtucket’s Finances
- PawSox Deal is in Chaos