Local Rhode Island Food Innovators to be Featured at Waterfire
Saturday, September 21, 2013
See who will be in the Food Forward tent BELOW
During tonight's full lighting of Waterfire, RallyRI’s FoodForward tent will showcase more than a dozen "culinary mavericks who are building thriving businesses and globally great brands right here in Rhode Island," according to the group.
Inside the FoodForward tent, these "rising stars" will be on display, sampling their products, in an effort to showcasing the why Rhode Island is becoming a great place to launch and grow food startups.
The FoodForward tent will be located on College Street and is free and open to the public beginning at 6pm.
"Why food and beverage? We know that our state has a high culinary profile - barely a week goes by without our restaurant scene being featured in a national publication like Travel and Leisure. It is less widely realized that we have fast-growing food manufacturers employing thousands across RI, or that we are leading the country in innovation around shellfish farming and sustainable fishing research. Few Rhode Islanders know that our system of farmers markets has driven over 40% growth in our farm sector in the last decade, or that we have the nation’s largest distributor of organic and natural foods, UNFI, headquartered in Providence."
Learn more at rallyri.co
- Best Rhode Island-Made Food Products + Where To Get Them
- New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- LISTEN- Rhode Island’s Best New Food Trucks
- Coming Monday: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- Newport Manners + Etiquette: Handling Children’s Food Allergies
- Daily Vine: Food Trucks
- One Third of Rhode Island Food Trucks Lack Inspections
- Don’t Miss: Lobster Bake For RI Food Bank
- RI Chefs’ Favorite Food Spots For Out-Of-Town Guests
- Don’t Miss: Newport Mansions Wine + Food Festival
- Rhode Island’s Best Cocktail + Bar Food Spots
- Methodology: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- Don’t Miss: Providence’s Taste Trekkers Food Tourism Conference
- NEW: Food Trucks To Be Featured At JWU “Fearless Speaker Series”
- In Case You Missed It: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- BankRI Announces Food Drive to Help Local Pantries
- NEW: Free Food Truck Extravanganza at JWU Harborside in Providence
- LEGAL MATTERS: Think You Were Food Poisoned? Here’s What To Do.