Langevin Pays Tribute To Fallen Rhode Island Soldier - Sgt. McKenna
Sunday, August 09, 2015
Congressman Jim Langevin (D-RI), a senior member of the House Armed Services Committee, released the following statement in response to the death of First Sgt. P. Andrew McKenna, U.S. Army Special Forces, a Bristol native who was killed in a terror attack in Kabul:
"Andrew McKenna was a brave young man and a dedicated soldier, and my heart is full of grief for the unimaginable loss felt by his family and friends, and by the State of Rhode Island. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire McKenna family; Andrew was truly a hero.
"It is a tragedy whenever an American soldier dies in service to his or her country, and this devastating loss is particularly acute. Andrew's sacrifice will never be forgotten, and as we pray for his loved ones, let us also pray for the courageous men and women who continue to serve and selflessly protect this nation."
- A RI Soldier’s Life: Death in Afghanistan
- Loughlin Goes to War with Cicilline Over Afghanistan
- A RI Soldier’s Life: Missing Afghanistan
- A RI Soldier’s Life: Back to Afghanistan
- NEW: Cicilline Calling For Accelerated Withdrawal In Afghanistan
- NEW: Chafee Travels to Afghanistan