In Case You Missed It: Tremmel to File Grievance Against WJAR
Saturday, February 22, 2014
EXCLUSIVE: Tremmel to File Grievance Against WJAR in Culture Clash
At first glance, the dismissal of Julie Tremmel may not seem to amount to much. A young reporter is dismissed from a local TV station… and so?
So a lot, actually.
Read more about the Tremmel case and its implications for media HERE.
Rhode Island’s Changing Media Landscape
Radio, print, television and digital- the faces in Rhode Islands's media has changed drastically over the past months... Let's take a look at some of the biggest moves:
After a seven year stint reporting for the Providence Journal's state house bureau, Phil Marcelo left the paper to take a reporting gig with the Boston office of the Associated Press.
Hailing from Long Island, New York, Marcelo came to ProJo in 2006, and covered everything from regional news, to Providence City Hall and the Statehouse.
Formerly a nightly news reporter for WJAR, Tremmel was fired from the "Team You Trust" after two clips, one of her performing on-air handstands, and the other offering tips on what to do during a bear attack, went viral.
The video became an internet sensation, but long-time Channel 10 newsman Jim Taricani called Tremmel’s antics “a smudge on our station's reputation.”
A long-time staple of Channel 10’s news team, Taricani announced plans to retire after over three decades with the station.
Taricani has won 5 regional Emmy awards, an Edward R. Murrow award for investigative journalism and a Prestigious Yankee Quill Award from the New England Newspaper Association.
He was convicted to six months in prison in 2004 for refusing to reveal a source, and is the youngest person ever to be inducted into the Rhode Island Hall of Fame.
Ron St. Pierre
- EXCLUSIVE: Tremmel to File Grievance Against WJAR in Culture Clash
- In Case You Missed It: Julie Tremmel Out at WJAR 10
- NEW: Julie Tremmel Out at WJAR 10
- PODCAST: EXCLUSIVE: Tremmel to File Grievance Against WJAR in Culture Clash
- 10 Examples Why News Media is in Chaos
- 10 Things College Students Should Know About Social Media
- Brown Leads Massive Online Survey on Parenting, Media + Learning
- Don Roach: Welcome to the Era of Social Media Wars
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- Atlantic 10 Media Day ReCap
- BIA/Kelsey Names GoLocal24 Future Star in Local Digital Media
- Bob Lobel: How We Brand Ourselves in the Media
- College Admissions: How Social Media Can Ruin Your Application
- Comedian Bob Marley Coming to Newport
- Former BankRI CEO Lands $300/Hour Gig Mediating Foreclosures
- LIVE: Crowdwire Social Media Exit Poll
- Leading Media Strategist Merrill Brown Joins GoLocal24 Board
- Media Buzz: Ch 10’s Traffic, WPRO-AM Try Out?, Former Ch12 Anchor Done Deal
- Media Wars: WPRO Launches Promo Using Progressive Blog’s Name
- Modern Manners + Etiquette: Social Media Misbehaviors
- NEW: ‘Tax the Rich’ Group Launches Media Campaign
- NEW: Alex and Ani Expands Media Division
- NEW: Dave Layman Named Communications and Media Strategies Director for Brendan Doherty
- NEW: Gemma Steps Down From Mediapeel; Congressional Run Likely
- NEW: GoGo Cast Launches App With Alex and Ani’s Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Mediation Ordered in State Pension Reform Lawsuit
- RI Media - LIN Up, Belo Down, Phoenix Laysoffs Five, GoLocal Up 500%
- Rob Horowitz: New Media Trends Accelerate
- Rob Horowitz: Social Media Becoming a Force in Politics
- Test Your Local Media Memory—-Take Our Quiz
- GoLocal is Hiring - We are Looking for Digital Media Consultants
- Is RI Media a Boys Club?
- Media Experts Question Pollster’s Dual Roles for Speaker and Media
- NEW: MSNBC’s Chris Hayes to Lead Media Panel Discussion at Brown
- NEW: RI Pension Lawsuit Mediation Update Coming Wednesday
- NEW: Schilling Heckler is Providence Wannabe Comedian
- NEW: Seven Swords Media Receives Inc. 500 Award
- New England Colleges With Biggest Social Media Reach
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Weddings + Social Media
- Pell Calls on Mediation Parties to Set Deadline in RI Pension Suit
- Pursuing Technology + Fiber Optics With a Multi-Media Education
- RI Media Changes - Glover Out and St. Pierre in at WHJJ
- Rhode Island Candidates with the Most Social Media Reach
- Rob Horowitz: Trust in Media Near an All Time Low
- Russell Moore: Newspapers: The Typewriters Of Media
- Seven Swords Media Selected for New HP and Google Technology Pilot
- State Report: Social Media Privacy, Taxi Cab Tax + Jobs for Vets
- Up Close With Social Media Entrepreneur Abby Moreau