In Case You Missed It: RI Ranked 10th Worst State For Gun Owners
Saturday, March 23, 2013
How easy is it to own guns in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island ranks among the worst states in the country for gun owners, named #42 out of 51 states in Guns & Ammo magazine's new ranking of the Best States for Gun Owners in 2013. According to Second Amendment advocates and gun advocacy groups in Rhode Island, dwelling at the bottom of the list was not something to be excited about.
Guns & Ammo based its assessment on five criteria: concealed carry regulations; restrictions on so-called "modern sporting rifles" or MSRs, a class of semi-automatic rifles; restrictions on weapons classified under the National Firearms Act (NFA), such as machine guns, suppressors and short-barreled rifles; state Stand Your Ground laws or Castle Doctrines regarding the use of a firearm in self-defense both inside and outside of the home; and miscellaneous factors, such as the state's culture and its relation to firearms or additional restrictions on weapons ammunition or magazines. Each criteria was scored on a scale 1 to 10, for a maximum score of 50 points.
- Rhode Island Ranked 10th Worst State For Gun Owners
- NEW: Mayor Taveras Joins National Coalition Against Illegal Guns
- MA Firearm Instructors: Protect Schools With Guns, Legalize Assault Rifles
- In Case You Missed It: 25 Best Cities + Towns For Business in RI
- In Case You Missed It: Most + Least Diverse High Schools in RI
- In Case You Missed It: Most Dangerous Intersections in New England
- In Case You Missed It: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- In Case You Missed It: Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013
- In Case You Missed It: GoLocalProv Launches Real Estate Platform
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.