In Case You Missed It: RI May Legalize Pot Without Voter Approval
Saturday, March 08, 2014
RI Could Become First State to Legalize Pot Without Voter Approval
Governor Lincoln Chafee could become the first governor in America to legalize marijuana without putting the decision to the voters.
After attending a meeting of the National Governors Association in Washington, D.C. last week, Chafee discussed the possibility of "pot for potholes" – using marijuana sales revenue for infrastructure improvement – by passing a bill approved by state lawmakers.
Read more about Legalizing Pot HERE.
Related Slideshow: Marijuana Use in the New England States
According to data collected by the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration, New Englanders are among the nation's top marijuana users in the country. See how the indivdual states compare in the slides below:
- Are Medical Marijuana Users in Rhode Island Risking Their Jobs?
- NEW: Marijuana Arrest Rates Racially Disparate Toward Blacks
- PODCAST: The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- Breaking and Entering Doc Holding Marijuana Suspended by RI HEALTH
- NEW: New England NAACP Calls for Marijuana Legalization in RI
- PODCAST: Will RI Be The Next State To Legalize Marijuana?
- Guest MINDSETTERS™: A Sensible Marijuana Policy for Rhode Island
- NEW: Patrick Kennedy in the Middle of Super Bowl Marijuana Fight
- State Report: Marijuana Legalization Bill + Tax Hike Proposal
- In Case You Missed It: Highest Marijuana Prices in New England
- NEW: RI Legalization Bill Would Tax Marijuana Like Alcohol
- The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- Jared Moffat: Now is the Right Time for RI to Regulate Marijuana
- NEW: RI to Introduce Marijuana Regulation + Taxation Bill
- The Impact of Marijuana Legalization on RI’s College Campuses
- Leonardo Angiulo: MA Court Takes Hit of Justice in Marijuana Rulings
- New England States With The Highest Marijuana Arrest Rates
- The Scoop - Whitehouse Talks State and Federal Marijuana Laws
- Marijuana Use in the New England States
- New Gallup Poll Shows 38% of Americans Have Tried Marijuana
- Will Rhode Island Be The Next State To Legalize Marijuana?
- NEW: Brown to Host Debate on Marijuana Legalization on April 23
- PODCAST: Are Medical Marijuana Users in RI Risking Their Jobs?