In Case You Missed It: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
Saturday, March 02, 2013
What are the best food towns in New England?
New England's restaurants are among best in the country, and New Englanders are passionate about their food. Which cities and towns combine the best of those two worlds? For the first time, GoLocal released a ranking of the Top 25 in the region.
How to put a city or town's foodiness into numbers began with restaurants. To find those places where great food was the centerpiece, GoLocal's researchers uncovered the highest-rated restaurants in New England, and used their hometowns as a base for analysis. We looked at James Beard awards, Diamonds from AAA, Stars from Mobil/Forbes, and "best ofs" in national press such as Food & Wine and Bon Appetit.
The result? Not only a ranking of towns based on high cuisine and food culture, but also a great list for where to travel if you love food. Start planning to culinary dream escape now.
- James Clayton Sattel’s RI Views: Hiking Historic Trails
- MUSIC: The Who Puts The Dunk In A State Of Quadrophenia
- 10 RI Things I Love: Amy Diaz
- NEW: Providence Has the 2nd Most Attractive People in US
- Betaspring’s 15 New Start-Ups For Spring Session
- NEW: Will Calamari Be Rhode Island’s Official Appetizer?
- Rhode Island’s Best Cocktail + Bar Food Spots
- RI Media Changes - Glover Out and St. Pierre in at WHJJ
- 10 Rhode Island Homes For Sale With Incredible Views
- RI PowerPlayer: Shea Principal Donald Miller
- Don’t Miss: B101 Rock Art Show + Sale
- The 10 Most Important Bills Facing the General Assembly
- Five Things: Circe Restaurant, Providence
- Who Wants to Replace Taveras as Mayor?