In Case You Missed It: 25 Best Cities + Towns For Business in RI
Saturday, March 16, 2013
What are the best cities and towns in Rhode Island for doing business?
GoLocal's new ranking, 25 Best Cities + Towns For Doing Business in Rhode Island, took an analytical look at every city and town in RI on a set of pro-business metrics: those big cities and small towns where a combination of factors make companies grow.
The top performing cities and towns managed a balance of reasonable taxes and cost of living index performance, paired with robust indicators for growth, a good-sized labor force, and relative closeness to the business-friendly services of TF Green Airport. Warwick, which emerged in 2013 to claim the #1 spot, achieved that balance best--while its tax rates were high for the pool, it compensated with ample labor force, low cost of living, and of course, the shortest distance to air travel in the state.
Our researchers culled municipally-distinct data on tax rates, workforce availability, cost of living index, economic indicators for short term and long-term job growth, even average driving time to TF Green Airport, to quantify a blend of factors that make for a pro-business environment. Because every city and state in RI complies by statewide measures, those metrics weren't included in GoLocal's research.
- 25 Best Cities + Towns For Doing Business in Rhode Island
- Methodology: 25 Best Cities + Towns For Doing Business in RI
- New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- In Case You Missed It: GoLocalProv Launches Real Estate Platform
- In Case You Missed It: Most + Least Diverse High Schools in RI
- In Case You Missed It: Most Dangerous Intersections in New England
- In Case You Missed It: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- In Case You Missed It: Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013