How RI Colleges Ranked—Top New England Colleges 2013
Saturday, June 01, 2013
Some did very well indeed.
#1 in RI: Brown University
It’s no surprise that Brown University, with consistent top rankings in national lists including US News & World Report, would place among New England’s top institutions, taking the #4 spot from the second year in a row, behind Harvard, Yale, and MIT. With top marks for everything from academics to its radio station (WBRU) and newspaper (the Brown Daily Herald), RI’s own Ivy held strong in the regional ranking.
#2 in RI: JWU + PC tie
#3 in RI: RWU makes a big jump
Next in the New England rankings came Roger Williams University, taking #41 for 2013. That's another big jump, from #54 in 2012.
#4 in RI: Bryant falls
Following Roger Williams was Smithfield's Bryant University, at #48, a 15-spot drop for the business-oriented institution.
#5 in RI: Salve makes biggest jump of the pack
Following Bryant came Salve Regina University, which took the #52 spot in 2013, and was the biggest leap up the ladder at 23 slots from 2012's #75.
#6 in RI: RIC moves up
Rhode Island College was also upwardly mobile in the new rankings, moving up 6 spots to claim the #62 ranking.
#7 in RI: URI falls to last place
Closing up the line was the University of Rhode Island, the state's major public university, claiming the #68 spot for 2013, down 7 spots from 2012.
(The Rhode Island School of Design, often named to the top art and design schools in the nation, was not ranked as it’s not included in the national lists that made up GoLocal’s Super Ranking.)
- Methodology: GoLocal’s Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013
- COLLEGE GUIDE: Local College Rankings You Don’t Know About
- NEW: URI Named Top Partying School in US in New Ranking
- NEW: Brown Named Top 20 College in US—Forbes Ranking
- NEW: Washington Monthly College Rankings Shake Up Local Schools
- College Admissions: 5 Ways To Survive College Decision Season
- GoLocal’s Super Ranking: Top New England Colleges 2013
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.