Guest MINDSETTER™ Mellor: Invest in Our Own - Why Does It Appear to Be So Hard?
Sunday, April 03, 2016
Good thing, for it had serious inaccuracies.
But some wonder (in a state and world beset with major problems) why this whole issue of "Cooler and Warmer," with its minimalist logo, became such a hot-button issue to many Rhode Islanders.
The answer? For what the campaign does say.
That we Rhode Islanders need go elsewhere for visionary folks....the artists...the crafters of words who make people sit up and notice.
Why? We apparently don¹t have any in our home state.
That's patently inaccurate.
What happened following the unveiling of the proposed logo was a natural reaction of local folks rebelling at that notion, as they took to social media. It followed that artists in the graphic design world would flex their creative muscles to deliver their own version of a proper Rhode Island logo.
And some were considered so noteworthy that a contest was established whereby people could offer their design, in competition against the one fashioned by the creator of the famed "I love New York" slogan.
That contest ran on Facebook.
Who won? Rhode Island graphic designer Missy Hardesty's design took top honors. She stated that she spent about 10 minutes designing her "Rhode Island: Sea to Believe" graphic.
When she posted it to social media on Tuesday afternoon, it was shared over 16,000 times, in the next 24 hours.
What's all the more noteworthy? The design hyping Rhode Island is from a Rhode Islander.
Why do we, in this state, always believe we must go elsewhere for our needs?
If we want to ramp up our game and play with the big boys of the advertising world, why don¹t we simply go to our own people‹our truest resource.
Isn't this what Governor Gina Raimondo's been touting all along as her mission?
Related Slideshow: Tourism Logos For All 50 States (and D.C.)
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Zurier: The Best Way To Ensure Quality Public Education For All Rhode Islanders
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Ruggiero: RhodeWorks - The Right Route to a Stronger Economy
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Destruction of The PFD
- Guest MINDSETTER™ DeNuccio: RI Should Reject Marijuana Legalization
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Santos: RhodeWorks RI, a Constitutional Pandora’s Box
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sen. Sheehan: Ethics Reform - or a Festering Status Quo
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. McKiernan: Car Tolls Benefiting General Fund Will Not Happen
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Forleo: CCRI About to Undergo Political Takeover
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Santos: RhodeWorks Amnesty for East Bay & Aquidneck Island
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Robert Billington: Welcome Home Pawtucket Red Sox
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Morgan: GOP Fought to Make Terrible Toll Bill Better
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Conley: Don’t Tamper With Our Treasure - History is Not for Hacks!
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Commissioner Pare Should be Fired
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Morse: 1 Great Thing to do This Weekend - Attend Easter Vigil Mass
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Archambault: Surprise Billing Can be Financially Disastrous to Patients
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sheehan: Will We Meet on Common Ground?
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Mendelsohn: Assistant Principals-The Versatile School Leaders
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Harry Adler: Dear Governor Raimondo
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Berwick: Tax Reform in Rhode Island
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Fire Pare
- Guest MINDSETTERS™ Craffey, Halloran, Hennessy: Millennial’s & Donald Trump
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Ajello: Cell phone Location Data Merits Protection
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Fine: How Many Drugs & How Much Alcohol Do Rhode Islanders Use?
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Fine: What Does Drug and Alcohol Use Cost Rhode Island?
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Stu Mundy: Teamsters for Trump? I Don’t Think So!
- More than 100 Errors on RI Tourism Website
- NEW: Raimondo Fires Betsy Wall For Tourism Campaign Debacle
- Westerly Chamber Boss Asks Commerce’s Wall and Pryor to Put Westerly in RI’s Tourism Video
- EDITORIAL: Raimondo’s “I Know an Out-of-State Guy” Caused the Tourism Disaster
- RI Tourism Campaign in Chaos
- Rhode Island Unveils New Tourism Logo
- UPDATED: “We Are RI” Tourism Video Taken Down by Commerce
- The Tourism Logos of all 50 States
- GoLocal Secures Copy of Deleted RI Tourism Video
- Raimondo’s Tourism Problems Are Far From Over
- Providence Tourism Outperforming Region—and Nation
- Raimondo’s Out-of-State Contracts Extend Beyond Tourism
- Local Comedians Spoof “We are RI” Tourism Video