Former Narragansett Police Officer Pleads Guilty to Sending Obscene Material to a Child
Thursday, November 08, 2018
Riley is scheduled to be sentenced on February 1, 2019.
Riley admitted to the Court that in approximately late 2015 or early 2016, he began communicating with an individual via a website and through text messaging and other messaging communication technologies, such as Snapchat and Kik messenger.
Early in their communications, the person with whom Riley was communicating told him that she was 15-years-old and that she was a 9th-grade student.
On May 9, 2016, in a series of texts with the 15-year-old, Riley discussed what time her high school day ended; that she was in 9th grade; and that she did not turn 16 until October.
During his communications with the 15-year-old, Riley identified himself as “Chris M.” and told her he was 29-years-old, lived in Boston, was in the Navy, and worked as a physical therapist.
Over the course of a few months, at times stopping for days or weeks, and then resuming, Riley’s communications with the 15-year-old included sexually explicit communications, including graphic, sexually explicit pictures of himself and videos of himself committing a sex act.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Denise M. Barton.
- Providence Man Pleads Guilty to Selling Silencer Equipped Machine Gun
- Twice Deported Jamaican National Pleads Guilty to Passport Fraud Charges
- NEW: Bill Cosby Found Guilty of Sexual Assault
- Dominican National Pleads Guilty to Illegal Reentry into US, Trafficking Fentanyl Laced Heroin
- Former Johnston Jewelry Distributor Pleads Guilty to Multi-Million Dollar Fraud Scheme
- RI Doctor Pleads Guilty to Healthcare Fraud & Accepting Kickbacks
- Mexican National Pleads Guilty in Providence to Illegal Re-Entry Into U.S.
- RI Sales Rep for Insys Therapeutics Pleads Guilty to Role in Kickback Scheme
- Two Plead Guilty to Trafficking Fentanyl-Laced Heroin Into Rhode Island
- Albanian National Pleads Guilty to Breaking Into Target Store in Smithfield
- Promoter For Bold Point Concerts Plead Guilty to Domestic Assault in Maine
- Man Pleads Guilty to Extensive Mortgage Fraud Scheme in Rhode Island
- Manafort to Plead Guilty in Mueller Investigation
- Registered Sex Offender Pleads Guilty to Possession of Child Porn
- Former RI Senator Doyle Pleads Guilty to Bank Fraud & Tax Crimes
- Luxury Yacht Captain Pleads Guilty in Death of Boater off Coast of Westerly