EDITORIAL: Question #7, More Affordable Housing is Critical
Sunday, November 06, 2016
Residents can then save more and buy more in other sectors and help drive the economy.
The investment in building and rehabbing poor quality housing not only improves quality of life for thousands of Rhode Islands, lower housing costs and creates short-term construction jobs.
Question 7, if approved, provides $50 million in general obligation bonds to build and rehab thousands of housing units.
GoLocalProv endorses passage of Question 7 and urge voters to vote to approve the ballot measure. We also hope that Rhode Island can find a better structure to fund this constant need than through long-term borrowing.
- EDITORIAL: Question #1, Expansion of Gambling is a Business Decision
- EDITORIAL: Question #2, It is Time to Restore Ethics to the General Assembly
- EDITORIAL: Question #3, Our Responsibility to Those Who Served
- EDITORIAL: Question $4, Improving Education and Innovation in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #5, It Smells Like Low Tide
- EDITORIAL: Question #6, Enhancing Quality of Life in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #7, More Affordable Housing is Critical
- EDITORIAL: Question #8 (Providence), Chaotic $40 Million Request for “Infrastructure”