EDITORIAL: Question #6, Enhancing Quality of Life in RI
Sunday, November 06, 2016
The legacy of Rhode Island’s preservation of open space goes back to the mid-1960s and the Green Acres program under then-Governor John H. Chafee. That tradition has helped to save Goddard, Colt, and Lincoln Woods State Parks.
This year’s environmental ballot question asks for $35 million to support improvements for recreation facilities, open space, rehab of brownfields and much more.
GoLocal believes that no one in the future will ever criticize us for developing parks or cleaning up contaminated properties.
Rhode Island is a remarkably beautiful state - let's keep improving it.
We urge voters to vote yes and support protecting and enhancing our environment.
- EDITORIAL: Question #1, Expansion of Gambling is a Business Decision
- EDITORIAL: Question #2, It is Time to Restore Ethics to the General Assembly
- EDITORIAL: Question #3, Our Responsibility to Those Who Served
- EDITORIAL: Question $4, Improving Education and Innovation in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #5, It Smells Like Low Tide
- EDITORIAL: Question #6, Enhancing Quality of Life in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #7, More Affordable Housing is Critical
- EDITORIAL: Question #8 (Providence), Chaotic $40 Million Request for “Infrastructure”