EDITORIAL: Question #3, Our Responsibility to Those Who Served
Sunday, November 06, 2016
“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave," said Elmer Davis, a news reporter during World War II.
So many of our veterans who have served our country have scarified their lives and their physical and mental health for us.
A “yes" vote supports issuing $27,000,000 in general obligation bonds to fund construction for a new veterans home and maintenance of existing facilities.
GoLocalProv strongly supports passage of Question 3 — critical dollars to complete the veterans home and fund other programs.
- EDITORIAL: Question #1, Expansion of Gambling is a Business Decision
- EDITORIAL: Question #2, It is Time to Restore Ethics to the General Assembly
- EDITORIAL: Question #3, Our Responsibility to Those Who Served
- EDITORIAL: Question $4, Improving Education and Innovation in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #5, It Smells Like Low Tide
- EDITORIAL: Question #6, Enhancing Quality of Life in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #7, More Affordable Housing is Critical
- EDITORIAL: Question #8 (Providence), Chaotic $40 Million Request for “Infrastructure”