EDITORIAL: Question #2, It is Time to Restore Ethics to the General Assembly
Sunday, November 06, 2016
“In order for the Ethics Commission to have full oversight over members of the General Assembly, the state constitution has to be changed,” explains the group supporting the effort to pass the ballot item.
As a news organization, we work hard to hold elected leaders' proverbial feet to the fire, but in this case leaders like Nick Mattiello and Teresa Paiva Weed deserve credit for pushing the legislation forward. This may be one of the simpler considerations for Rhode Islanders and we hope all Rhode Islanders speak as one.
GoLocal strongly encourages voters to vote yes on Question #2.
- EDITORIAL: Question #1, Expansion of Gambling is a Business Decision
- EDITORIAL: Question #2, It is Time to Restore Ethics to the General Assembly
- EDITORIAL: Question #3, Our Responsibility to Those Who Served
- EDITORIAL: Question $4, Improving Education and Innovation in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #5, It Smells Like Low Tide
- EDITORIAL: Question #6, Enhancing Quality of Life in RI
- EDITORIAL: Question #7, More Affordable Housing is Critical
- EDITORIAL: Question #8 (Providence), Chaotic $40 Million Request for “Infrastructure”