EDITORIAL: It is Time to Fire Deloitte
Monday, April 23, 2018
The UHIP program was initiated under the administration of then-Governor Lincoln Chafee and has been implemented under the administration of Governor Gina Raimondo.
The blame game has gone on for months and is now increasing as we move closer to Election Day. The reality is that the project is an unabashed failure.
It is such a failure that federal court Judge Will Smith appointed Deming Sherman as special master last fall to oversee the food stamp program. The House of Representatives’ Oversight Committee has had dozens of hours of hearings on the failed program.
House Oversight’s chair Patricia Serpa has repeatedly said she has little hope that this $600 million tech meltdown will ever function.
At what point will leadership be demonstrated?
There is little doubt that this project will end in extensive litigation. At this point, there is no good remedy and, therefore, the focus should be on the user of these programs and the taxpayer.
It is now time for Governor Raimondo and legislative leaders — Speaker of the House Nick Mattiello and Senate President Dominick Ruggerio — to pull the plug. It is time to Issue a new RFP, wind-down Deloitte’s work and develop a new, functioning program.
The Rhode Islanders who depend on these critical health and social service programs deserve better than political machinations and failed accountability.
Rhode Island deserves better.
UHIP 40-Page Application - April, 2018
- Settlement Reached in Lawsuit Over Food Stamp Benefit Delays Caused by UHIP
- Latest Deloitte-UHIP Debacle - Incorrect Tax Forms Sent to 3,000 HealthsourceRI Members
- Chair Serpa Raises Questions About Management at DCYF and UHIP
- Will RI DMV Rollout Be Another UHIP?
- UHIP Review, Pushing Back Against Trump’s Border Wall: This Week at the State House
- Serpa Calls for Auditor General to Conduct Independent Review of UHIP
- Governor Raimondo On GoLocal LIVE and Talks UHIP, 38 Studios, and Free College Tuition
- Raimondo’s Interim HHS Boss to Resurrect UHIP Oversaw Failed VT Healthcare System
- Legislative Leaders Fire Back at Raimondo’s Claim They Pressured Her on UHIP Launch
- UHIP Failure Increases Demand at Rhode Island Community Food Bank
- This Won’t be UHIP: Revenue Director Hull on New DMV Rollout
- VIDEO: ACLU to Seek Additional Remedies Against Raimondo Administration for UHIP Failures
- RI Training School, UHIP, DCYF: House Oversight Chair Serpa on LIVE
- Tuesday on LIVE: UHIP’s Sherman, Prof. Lawless, OUT LOUD Theater’s Hawkridge
- UHIP Special Master Sherman Unsure If Technology Can Be Fixed
- Despite $500M Spent on Tech, UHIP Application is a 40-Page Paper Application
- UHIP Failure: 1 in 3 RI Food Stamp Applicants Not Getting Benefits, Says ACLU
- RI ACLU Re-Staffs Hotline for Food Stamp Complaints Related to UHIP
- RI ACLU “Pleased” With Appointment of Special Master to Oversee UHIP Resolution
- Raimondo’s UHIP Disaster - Federal Court Takes Over Management
- Special Master Appointed to Investigate UHIP Is Donor to Raimondo and Ousted Roberts
- UHIP is “Abject Moral and Financial Failure,” Says RI House Oversight Chair Serpa on LIVE